Author Topic: Tag you shirts?  (Read 1040 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Tag you shirts?
« on: February 04, 2020, 02:18:04 PM »
Hey guys and gals, 

When we do a store sale for anyone we put a tag on them with our logo. But im looking for another way to tag shirts for orders like 100 shirts or whatever. Its too time consuming to physically tag every shirt like that.

Would it be easier on normal orders to put a sticker on them?

Is that what most of you do?

Offline Biverson

Re: Tag you shirts?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 03:08:14 PM »
Hey guys and gals, 

When we do a store sale for anyone we put a tag on them with our logo. But im looking for another way to tag shirts for orders like 100 shirts or whatever. Its too time consuming to physically tag every shirt like that.

We do quite a bit of online stores. I've always thought about custom labels, but couldn't see the benefit to justify the cost in labor of doing it. We clear poly bag each order and have the invoice with their name on it so they can easily be distributed. Our logo in on the invoice so they see that - and they had to go on our site to order the gear. My thought was to get custom poly bags. They'd have to be white to see our logo clearly and that would make it more difficult and time consuming. We'd have to write order numbers or names on the outside. Also, with clear poly bags we can see what's in them in case we mis-packed one. We'll likely try and get some stickers made that are 5" to 6" wide and put them on the outside.

Another idea is to put a pen in there with a custom business card attached to the pen and one side is a "thank you!" and how we can help get apparel for any business or occasion.
Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 04:18:23 PM »
We dump some time during slow periods into putting together little packages like these. Every order we pack for a webstore gets one of these in there. Usually regular larger orders get a few tossed in too. We always put two suckers in there and put a random cheap little ASI item. Pens, buttons, chapsticks, etc with our name on it. A card with different product info on there and our logo. We get a lot of compliments. Maybe we get some orders from it? I dont know. But its a nice little thank you and everyone loves candy.....

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 11:01:03 AM »
We dump some time during slow periods into putting together little packages like these. Every order we pack for a webstore gets one of these in there. Usually regular larger orders get a few tossed in too. We always put two suckers in there and put a random cheap little ASI item. Pens, buttons, chapsticks, etc with our name on it. A card with different product info on there and our logo. We get a lot of compliments. Maybe we get some orders from it? I dont know. But its a nice little thank you and everyone loves candy.....

thats a pretty good idea...

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 11:54:12 AM »
Hey guys and gals, 

We do quite a bit of online stores. I've always thought about custom labels, but couldn't see the benefit to justify the cost in labor of doing it. We clear poly bag each order and have the invoice with their name on it so they can easily be distributed. Our logo in on the invoice so they see that - and they had to go on our site to order the gear. My thought was to get custom poly bags. They'd have to be white to see our logo clearly and that would make it more difficult and time consuming. We'd have to write order numbers or names on the outside. Also, with clear poly bags we can see what's in them in case we mis-packed one. We'll likely try and get some stickers made that are 5" to 6" wide and put them on the outside.

Another idea is to put a pen in there with a custom business card attached to the pen and one side is a "thank you!" and how we can help get apparel for any business or occasion.

In my history of printing, we've only ever once gotten a customer due to Night Owls tags in shirts. It's usually more of a pain, with wasted supplies and labor costs. Much akin to you putting your logo on the sleeve of a tshirt as a sponsor. It's usually not likely to gain you any more customers.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 01:42:59 PM »
I was just thinking a small round 2" circle sticker on the front of every shirt. Not really time consuming at all, think im just going to try it.

But still put tags on our stores though.

Offline Biverson

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 09:22:13 PM »
Genius. Prolly no Candies that would melt I assume, haha. Might try something like this. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 06:48:20 AM »
  We used to get a little bag of candy in the box from one of the inkjet film distributors so that we would remember their name and who to order from... Now what was the name of that company??? Might be worth the good will but I wouldn't hold my breath on getting orders from it.

Offline lancasterprinthouse

Tag you shirts?
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 07:44:03 AM »
I was just thinking a small round 2" circle sticker on the front of every shirt. Not really time consuming at all, think im just going to try it.

I follow a shop on insta that does this. They’re called Pine. I’ve thought about doing it myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 07:48:03 AM by lancasterprinthouse »

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 11:41:51 AM »

I follow a shop on insta that does this. They’re called Pine. I’ve thought about doing it myself

I ordered the stickers... this is exactly what im doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk