Author Topic: From Manual to Automatic Screen Printing, All in a Shipping Container  (Read 474 times)

Offline printavo

Smack in the middle of Texas is San Angelo, a bustling community with 100,000 people that's hundreds of miles from the nearest big city. On a 16 acre homestead in a metal shipping container, Success Print Shop's Jonathan Ornelas has build something special from scratch: a customer-focused print shop with a crew of exactly one.

With a thriving, outgoing, and positive mindset, Success Print Shop embodies the new generation of print shops. We're not the first ones to point this out, either.

Success Print Shop: Humble beginnings

You're 20 years old. You're busting your butt in college working on your accounting degree. Your sister is making money on Etsy, but you're stuck working retail, and she tells you that you really need to start printing t-shirts. "There's so many people that just sell cool t-shirts on Etsy. We have to try it!"

You stumble onto Ryonet's YouTube channel. Ryan makes it look so easy. Why not give this a shot? You order the basic starter screen printing kit. You've already sold a ton of your awesome Breaking Bad inspired shirts. Then the questions begin.

Push? Pull? How does this emulsion work? Who has a printer that can make my films? How do I know I cured this ink? How the heck do I get these screens registered? You're on the hook for dozens of shirts you just sold on Etsy. Time to figure this screen printing thing out!

6 years later, Success Print Shop is a thriving brand. It's just Jonathan and his ambitious customer-first outlook. He's put his goal right in the name of his shop: Success. There have been real challenges, and growth is not a low-effort endeavor. Jonathan has risen to the occasion and created one of the most unique and enjoyable brands in the custom apparel industry.

He loves his business and isn't afraid to take massive action to get the job done. He's not afraid to take the long route to get where he's going – and has shown real grit in his relentless pursuit of success.

Read more: https://www.printavo.com/blog/manual-to-automatic-screen-printing-with-success
https://www.printavo.com - Printavo, simple shop management software.