Author Topic: Group buy on vector art on cyber monday!  (Read 19961 times)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: Group buy on vector art on cyber monday!
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2011, 01:05:23 PM »
I made a purchase.
Templates are nice, but $100 is still a bit too much :)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2011, 01:08:48 PM »
no link here either..

I like the way they have the templates set up, they just look a ton than the standard ones from Sanmar and Advanced. I agree with P, I would be pleased with a few views of a hoodie, polo, t-shirt and a long sleeve. No need for every shirt, just the basics -50.00 worth. I already have templates, and like you said most are free if you look in the right places, so dropping 235.00 is a real kick in the teeth. even 100.00 for templates is a little steep. I used Fashion Factory templates daily, but they just get a little old.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline squeegee

« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2011, 01:26:05 PM »
Jeff came back to me on the templates. They put together a deal where they are 50% off. It is good deal, but not as good as the vectors.

here's the link to the description:
http://arsenal.gomedia.us/ultimate-mockup-template-collection-2-1.html

and the link to the deal:
http://promoshq.wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/175619

I'd like to get some feedback and if needed go back to them with a request. My thinking is I would prefer less stuff for less money. So instead all the templates, maybe we include just the shirts and the hoodies, but still at the 50% discount.

Any suggestions?

pierre

I'd go for either the full package or a reduced one, whatever.  To me those templates are really slick and $100 is cheap for all of that.  I would make use of most of them so either way I'd be down.

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2011, 01:31:09 PM »
Has our group met the required 20 orders yet? That maybe why there is no link. My read that they will email me to inform me that group deal is on.

Thanks for committing to purchase the following group deal from Go Media: $100 for $570 worth of Vectors from Go Media's Arsenal. You will not be charged unless the deal is on. Don't worry, we will send you a note at the conclusion of the campaign to let you know if the deal is on or off. If you haven't done so already, promote this deal to your friends to help increase the chances that the deal will be unlocked!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2011, 01:39:58 PM »
With any of the other many group buy sites happening right now, like Groupon, the product is not made available until the deal is done.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline chubsetc

« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2011, 01:44:32 PM »
I just purchased through your link and it said "you got the deal"  I don't know if that is what it said for everyone else or not.

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2011, 01:51:41 PM »
Mine just said "We'll let you know" or something like that.  I was number 125.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2011, 02:03:09 PM »
281 bought, that is right now. Over 12 hours left

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2011, 02:37:52 PM »
300 now, I know pierre thinks that not a big money day, but that is big, even to them.  top that with the other deals they have going on, and they should have a merry christmas.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2011, 02:56:02 PM »
30K minus the commission for referrals (affiliates), is nice chunk of change for basically replying on a few emails.
All the work was already done.

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2011, 03:02:11 PM »
The problem is in my opinion, it devalues their work.  I have never purchased anything from them before and I probably won't again, unless their is another killer deal like this.  Also, how would you like to have dropped $570 on the deal, only to find out that you could have paid $100 for it?

Of course I am not complaining, this is something companies must be aware of with these type deals.  My wife and I eat out on coupons only.  Yeah, we like some of the places, but frankly, it's not worth it without a BOGO or something like that.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2011, 03:15:17 PM »
The problem is in my opinion, it devalues their work.  I have never purchased anything from them before and I probably won't again, unless their is another killer deal like this.  Also, how would you like to have dropped $570 on the deal, only to find out that you could have paid $100 for it?

Of course I am not complaining, this is something companies must be aware of with these type deals.  My wife and I eat out on coupons only.  Yeah, we like some of the places, but frankly, it's not worth it without a BOGO or something like that.

FYI, not sure about anybody else, but there is no kickback to us for buying through the provided link.

Also, our deal on the templates is not as good as they did not want to have another deal too soon. Jeff said one a year is more than enough and it sounded like they were not going to do another one until next cyber Monday (I might have read him wrong, but that was the impression I got).

I think I am out on the templates deal. For the most part, I have created similar stuff in Photoshop before so it is not hard to do and more than anything else, I use illustrator for templates and having to export to Photoshop would be an extra step and extra work I don't really need right now (not enough hours in a day as it is, no need to make things more time consuming!).

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2011, 03:18:40 PM »
i agree about the templates.  I have most of what I need.  I use them almost daily, but it would be nice to have a few more in my "arsenal"  ;D

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2011, 04:07:37 PM »
FYI, not sure about anybody else, but there is no kickback to us for buying through the provided link.

I'm not talking about yours, everybody got the link like that in initial email from them.
They have affiliate accounts, and they pay percentage to those who have them on their sites.
That is why I have a FatCow's on my site.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2011, 05:58:16 PM »
Anyone get a link to download yet? (patiently waiting...)

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't