Author Topic: I Know/Friends With This Notable Person...  (Read 14796 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: I Know/Friends With This Notable Person...
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2011, 10:48:45 AM »
used to work with Cindy Crawfords step dad and did my banking with her mom.......

Did you know they use secret melon extract to stay so young looking. ;)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2011, 10:54:03 AM »
I am going to leave all melon comments out of this.  ;D

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2011, 11:46:27 AM »
Speaking of fruits... Check out my bro-in-law interviewing the Kardashians.

Offline Catnhat

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2011, 12:26:31 PM »
I grew up 2 houses down from Matt Cedano (Days of our Lives actor) used to run around with his older brother Ray.  Dave "The Tuna" Haverlo (former MLB Pitcher) His son Jeff (1st round pick of the Mariners in '99) and BJ Garbe (also picked in the '99 draft) are all friends.  We print the shirts for Dave's Sports Talk radio show.
Most recently, Caitlynn Lawson (So You Think You Can Dance) has become a good friend of the shop.

Back in my band manager days I got to meet/know a bunch.  Recorded at Greg Duffy's studio (an old Nashville picker) who's wife is Terri (McGowan) Duffy, Rose McGowan's Mom.  Preston "Bugsy" Wilcox (drummer for Marvin Gaye, Ike Turner, Patti Labelle & a bunch of others).   Neil Cirton (Grammy winning engineer).  Mike Sak (engineer "A Boy Named Goo", Goo Goo Dolls).  Ben Smith (drummer for Heart.  Ben & my "house/go-to" drummer are real tight).  Used to party with Miles Kennedy (back when he was playing with Mayfield Four.  Now he's with Slash) & Nate Mendel (when he was with Christ on a Crutch.  He went on to Sunny Day Real Estate and then Foo Fighters).
My buddies studio in Las Vegas (my home away from home) landed Ivan St. Ives Walker as a house engineer.  (Patti Labelle and the O'Jays).  Eddie Levert (the O'Jays, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee) has also made it his home.  Can't wait to get down there and meet them face to face rather than the phone or Skype.

Speaking of Zac Brown Band....The band I'm recording now played a side stage for the Zac Brown concert at The Gorge Amphitheater this past Sept.  Their contract had more CAN NOT DO's than any contract I've ever seen.  It was insane.

I've seen Evo play a few times before I knew he was "living the dream" on the side, being a screenprinter.   :Dk
And I've had some beers with Sam.  Does that count?   ;D ;D ;D

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2011, 12:44:52 PM »
Darn, you was doing fine, till you mentioned Sam.   ;D
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2011, 08:28:07 AM »
I hate to even ask since nobody has brought it up, but Tony, I'm assuming Joe is close relation to you?  I feel like an idiot for asking this but I've always wondered and it may be common knowledge around here but I've never read it.  I was watching an HBO special on Mickey Mantle the other day and Joe was on there several times being interviewed.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2011, 08:52:03 AM »
I've met too many "famous" people.

Most are just as or more nerdy than "normal" people.

I got one cool one though - my grandfather shot at Fozzy Bear in the Muppet Movie.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2011, 09:12:25 AM »
I hate to even ask since nobody has brought it up, but Tony, I'm assuming Joe is close relation to you?  I feel like an idiot for asking this but I've always wondered and it may be common knowledge around here but I've never read it.  I was watching an HBO special on Mickey Mantle the other day and Joe was on there several times being interviewed.
Funny but we could'nt make the connection but my sister and I had dinner with hima long time ago when she was a reporter for the Boston Globe.l Super nice guy.
He even got mention in a Seinfeld episode.

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2011, 09:19:39 AM »
I smoked "the weed" with cypress hill lol.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2011, 11:00:03 AM »

I may or may not have done something similar on a tour bus of a local Texas music star/legend but I won't mention names.  He's pretty big around here, like Pat Green big but most of y'all haven't ever heard of him.  Most of my friends were amazed that I even got on the bus, much less hung out.  That was a great night, and that bus was ridiculous, well over a million dollar ride with tons of upgrades.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline JayzTeez

• !!!
  • Manual Screen Printer
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2011, 11:19:53 AM »
i love pat green. i seen him in pittsburgh a few years back he opened up for kenny chesney.
Jayz Teez Screen Printing
Houtzdale, PA.

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2011, 03:19:24 PM »
my grandfather was a history professor at University of Southern Maine at Orono. He wrote the entry for Maine in the 1978 (i think it was 1978) Encyclopedia Britannica.

My grandmothers friend was the inventor of the Bangor Brownie, she wrote a bunch cookbooks too...

my girlfriend was a nanny for a couple that is friends with Peter Yarrow.  a few years back we visited for a day and met Peter.   After we had dinner with Peter, lots of little kids gathered around to listen to him sing "Puff the Magic Dragon".   

Offline Northland

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2011, 04:16:37 PM »

I may or may not have done something similar on a tour bus of a local Texas music star/legend but I won't mention names.  He's pretty big around here, like Pat Green big but most of y'all haven't ever heard of him.  Most of my friends were amazed that I even got on the bus, much less hung out.  That was a great night, and that bus was ridiculous, well over a million dollar ride with tons of upgrades.
My guess is Dale Watson (the Texas Troubador). The man dedicated to keeping pure country music alive.

Offline terryei

• !!!
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2011, 04:55:36 PM »
Did some shirts for Curly Boo Johnson, Harlem Globe Trotters.
Did lunch with Casey Urlacher, talked with his brother Brian, and their mom used to call me for replica jerseys of Casey's.  She also questioned me one day as to "why would Brian run off with Paris Hilton and leave his wife and 2 boys"  A hard one to answer.
Sat and talked with Mike Somerfield after a set he played here in town.  Head East Never Been Any Reason.
Phil Collins opened his tour here in town many years ago.  I used to go to his 2 week closed practice.  Talked with him a few times.
My son coached swimming with Ryan Lochte's father and met Ryan.
Just went fishing with Boomer Grigsby.
Interviewed the San Diego Chicken a few times.
Been trying to form a relationship with Jesus Christ for many years....
But, by far, the one that just tickles me and makes me giggle like a school girl. 
I went fishing with Sam Wildt.  (he's much shorter in real life) but a giant of a person!
Terry

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2011, 06:12:45 PM »

I shared a dressing room with Aerosmith for a week back in the 70's, and opened for BB King a couple of times. Us and 10,000 other bands ;D. That and a $1.50 will get me a cup of coffee. (first time I heard that expression, it was a dime)

Steve

I dated a girl who's dad was one of the original members of Aerosmith.

Shane, that would be Ray Tabano would it? He left just before they really took off.

I think that is the dude. She had a different last name than her dad though. She told me he quit to start a family and then they blew up or something like that.
[/quote]

There was a story in the Boston Globe last year about people that left or were asked to leave bands before they hit. Like Pete Best with the Beatles, and Ray was one of them in the article. Talk about a bad move...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't