Author Topic: I Know/Friends With This Notable Person...  (Read 14791 times)

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
I Know/Friends With This Notable Person...
« on: November 09, 2011, 10:52:11 AM »
I'll go first:
My 2nd cousin is Jim Kelter (session drummer for George Harrison, John Lennon, Ringo Starr, drummer for the Traveling Wilburys, etc.).
One of my friends was an Electoral College voter, casting his vote for Obama.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
Re: I Know/Friends With This Notable Person...
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 10:56:51 AM »
I AM SAM WILDT!!

does that count?  If not Then I am friends with Jay Lute.....

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 11:11:26 AM »
You want one from music? Paul Barrere of Little Feat.
The funny story with that one is that after being out of touch with him since High School, I had a short stint at Rolling Stone in the camera department just before they moved to New York.
While opaquing page negatives, I thought that I recognized him in a pic and sure enough, he had joined the band in the mid-70's.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 11:38:40 AM »
two of my friends were name dropping - one said that they made out with Neil Patrick Harris at a club in Miami, the other made out with Tonya Harding...

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 11:45:59 AM »
Friends with (and work for) Helen Rosburg (Wrigley's heiress... worth 2.1Billion), several romantic/vampire authors, Hanna Hall (young Jenny from Forrest Gump) is friends with my brother-in-law and came visit for about a week, Doug Jones (Pan of Pan's Labyrinth and the hand with eyes guy, Silver Surfer's body, Abe Sapien in the Hell Boys).  I was supposed to go on tour doing lights for Seven Dust.  I've done lights for Morris Day and the Time and George Clinton.  Oh, Dirty Jenny (Jenn Leigh) who has played with George Clinton and played on Michael Jackson's History album (her new EP just came out... check it out!)

My brother-in-law is an E-Celebrity.  He's the star of The Retarded Policeman series...
Retarded Policeman #1: Hi
That first episode is actually my other brother-in-law and my wife.  Doug Jones stars in one of the episodes.  Now my bro-in-law has met a retarded (no pun intended) amount of celebrities.  He's worked on several films and tv shows (he was on two episodes of Free Radio) he's got pics with all kind of people.

I'm probably leaving some people out... I've been in situations to bump elbows with a few "celebs" here and there... but I was never really a star struck kind of person.  I did get a little giddy when I asked George Clinton if he had any special request for lighting and he said "Just freak it"... but that was George Clinton. ;)

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 11:47:32 AM »
Would my father's run ins count? He was good friends with the band Elf and Rainbow while playing bass in the band Iron Horse. My mother was a Rainbow groupy which is how my parents met. Both elf and Rainbow bosted the late Ronnie James Dio. I get reminded of this often... 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:49:53 AM by endless ink printing »

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 11:49:30 AM »
Oh yeah, we played with La Roux (New Orleans Lady) a few times.  One of the guitar player started up Presonus and I've had a few conversations with him about his gear back when it was first starting up.  He wanted to send me some to try out in our rig... but at the time I really wasn't impress with the stuff.  The new digital consoles are really badass though!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 12:07:13 PM »
We had an employee that back in the day ran a blues club, and the house band was Blues Image(before they went all one-hit wonder)

And then my dad went to school with Dean Johnson of Hometime.  There were only 4 boys in his class at that school.

I don't know anybody, but I did almost have a pro-bowl receiver served for writing a bad check, does that count?

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 12:08:54 PM »
And then my dad went to school with Dean Johnson of Hometime.  There were only 4 boys in his class at that school.

I think Dean and Hometime film here in Minnesota.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 12:24:12 PM »
Yup, that's where my family is from.  I was born in Eitle hospital and lived in apple valley until I was 5.

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 12:29:32 PM »
A good friend of mine was the original Bass player for Shinedown and now is with FUEL.  We grew up together and were in a band together out of high school for a couple years.  Jammed with Fred Durst (jack ass) a couple times as well.    We did printing for Shinedown and I designed their 45 single.  Rich (me) and Fluid are in the credits, inside jacket of their first CD.  I have both their Gold and Platinum albums. Thinking of selling them as I don't like Shindown's music at all.

My daughter and Brad at the latest FUEL concert.

me and Brad back in the day LOL

Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ® 

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 01:14:40 PM »
I know Evo does that count?
"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 01:19:47 PM »
Oh, and the guy that used to work here would also babysit Dweezle and Moonunit Zappa when Frank would play the club.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 01:40:48 PM »
Sam Wildt,

We sext message each other and even went away for a weekend and got a hotel room.

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 02:16:51 PM »
Ex brother-in-law is (or was) the trumpet player for Gloria Estefan/Miami Sound Machine, a high school classmate who was bassist for Molly Hatchet, and a brother-in-law was a two-term congressman from Florida who worked for a brief stint in Carter's administration, but said he didn't think he could swing an appointment as Minister of Culture for me. I thought all politicians scored a cushy gubmint job for ne'er-do-well brother-in-laws like me to keep them off the streets and out of jail.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .