Author Topic: How many sq ft are you in?  (Read 6032 times)

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Re: How many sq ft are you in?
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2016, 07:54:38 PM »
2800. Right now it is more then plenty. That should change soon.

Only main equipment currently is a 8/4 Antec Legend, Curestar 6000, Super Seca auto rotate flash, washout booth and exposure unit.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 06:24:22 AM by Nation03 »

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2016, 08:39:54 PM »
1200 home based business.
Large attached  2 car garage is the print shop with 6/6 Antec Legend and 9' x 36” brown dryer and also a heat press and a bunch of tables for staging, ink and accessories.
Small living room for my office and 24” vinyl cutter.  Lots of shelves with blanks and other accessories.
Small bedroom with our 2 Melco embroidery machines (single heads).
 Basement converted into a nice size dark room, FX Exposure, table for coating screens, tall screen rack in a sectioned off drying area for coated screens. Washout booth, filtration system, kiddy pool for developing exposed screens, horizontal drying racks for wet screens like Greg Kitson's.

This is all in my partners home and we are jammed to the max! We've been looking to move for a while and may have found a bigger spot, more on that tomorrow....

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2016, 09:21:06 PM »
10K here....

Roughly
3500 for stretching
1500 for supplies
1500 office
3500 for new/used equipment and refurbishing.

Spent the last few days purging the whole thing of unneeded crap...

Feels like I have lots of room right now, but that can change in a day or two.

Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2016, 08:44:32 AM »
We are 2500 sq ft.  Cramped with a 10 color sportsman, mini sprint, 6' x 16' weeding table.  I'm just glad to know that I'm not the only one that has to walk sideways through a maze to lay out shirts to print. :)
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2016, 08:58:44 AM »
9k+

12 and 14 color M&R Sprint 2000HO 8C manual press.  Offices and Screen Room take 1/4-1/3 of this.

We do a lot of ASI type stuff so the open space gets filled quickly.  Then empties... then fills with shirts then empties.... Really nice to have that much open space.  We can store over 20 pallets currently.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2016, 11:08:49 AM »
1200 sqf basement
6/4 Antec Legend with Atlas 824 dryer and Nuarc 40-1K exposure unit.
2 single head Tajima and Toyota machines. 2 heat presses, 55" laminating machine (with 5'x10' cut table), 54" Graphtec cutter and 64" HP L330 Latex printer.
Few other tables with computers on them, a bunch of shelves and a Furnace in the middle of one room :)

Doing wraps in a 2 car attached garage.

Offline Stinkhorn Press

• !!!
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2016, 04:03:18 PM »
started the year
3K in 2 semi connected buildings when we had 2 manuals and 1 small electric dryer.

moved 2 blocks west to a 6K mostly open warehouse, got a 8/10 auto and big ass gas dryer to go with the manual. production/showroom/various wet/dark/office/break rooms all in the front half.
back half is walled off, no plumbing or insulation or heat or electric back there and it's full of the PO's crap. BUT IT'S THERE to expand into when needed (and a good place to put large orders in the meantime).

only real snags are that there are center posts in a fairly long rectangle layout and it makes presses larger than 8/10 problematic, trying to get two autos properly arranged near the dyer intake also difficult.