Author Topic: Epson Artisan 1430 recognizing ink issues.  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Epson Artisan 1430 recognizing ink issues.
« on: November 15, 2016, 12:42:25 PM »

Epson Artisan 1430 ink issues.  1st, it didn't give a warning the inks were low. I mean, they were, random slots, I knew it, but they weren't at the bottom empty. So this am, print first film and it's striped. Ok, I know it's low, so I replace all but one.  It still only reads (one of them) as being full now...and keeps saying ink is low.

SO yes, one more is low, the black, but again, it's not (at the bottom) and all others are full....but only one of them shows as full now. Crazy, but I know it's just some step or process I have to do.

Anyone know if these just don't print at all....if one is low?

Anyone have a trick to get the printer to recognize there is ink in other new cartridges?

Strange that the only manual here seems to be in Spanish, no English around...and there are no Spanish speaking people here LOL.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Epson Artisan 1430 recognizing ink issues.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 03:24:23 PM »
On the model I use, the WF1100 with Cobra refillables, it only estimates when a cartridge is low or empty.
I think that only when it recognizes a cartridge as empty will removing it, filling it, and replacing it get it a full reading again. (in fact, you don't even have to fill it to get the new reading)
I seem to remember others here saying that they don't even have to remove their cartridges, and merely re-fill them in the machine, and can still re-set them.
Bottom line, I believe that different Epson models along with different cartridges, can have different characteristics.

If you get no satisfaction here, I do bet that a call to someone like Richard at Cobra Ink Systems could bear fruit as he is pretty knowledgeable about these machines.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 03:34:09 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 03:32:39 PM »
For the cobra CIS the carts are wired together to a chip resetter, putting the machine in cart change more and hitting the resetter does the job. I think with the Epsons if you do not follow the step by step procedure they have it may not reset the carts.
"No man is an island"

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 12:47:55 PM »
For the cobra CIS the carts are wired together to a chip resetter, putting the machine in cart change more and hitting the resetter does the job. I think with the Epsons if you do not follow the step by step procedure they have it may not reset the carts.

Yeah Dan, this is how mine is. Little button at the back of the carriage you hold for like 3 seconds. Are you using Cobra?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 01:24:19 PM »

Yeah Dan, this is how mine is. Little button at the back of the carriage you hold for like 3 seconds. Are you using Cobra?

I'm the one who brought up Cobra when explaining how my cartridges register as full or empty on my WF1100. Dan hasn't mentioned anything non-stock, but we're all interested in what they do run.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 03:11:43 PM »
If Dan is using refillable cartridges, there isn't a button to press, only with CISS is there a reset button.

But not all cartridges are created equal. I use Cobra inks and their refillable carts, but the 1430 is still exasperating for me with my setup.

I have a friend who buys his black carts in bulk from and ebay seller: ink-cartridge-supply and he sent me a link. http://www.ebay.com/itm/4Pack-New-79-T079-791-Black-Ink-for-Epson-Stylus-Photo-1400-1410-Artisan-1430-/141714776702

He has ZERO problems with these carts printing his film positives. Ink level reporting (or non reporting) causes me frustration with our 1430. My 1400's are perfect in that regard and my 1100 was also.

< edit:  link corrected>
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 06:29:22 PM by Itsa Little CrOoked »

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 03:53:45 PM »
I use generic ebay refillable carts and bulk dye ink, never an issue going on at least 2 years now.

Offline Prints Charming

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 10:02:10 PM »
Epsom has a chip resettler also. we have to reset every time we install new cart.
Randy Wilbanks 361-533-0593 Prints Charming Royal Tees corpus Christi Texas