Author Topic: Not exposed enough?  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Not exposed enough?
« on: August 30, 2016, 08:00:53 PM »
Just a curiosity here.  When reclaiming I always start spraying the emulsion off from the shirt side of the screen.  While spraying it off I notice the squeegee side is almost a separate film staying in tact until I hit it with the pressure washer from the squeegee side.  Would this be a sign of underexposure?  I never get staining with a white paper towel during development on the squeegee side and never have issues with break down.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Not exposed enough?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 08:18:01 PM »
Has the emulsion on the squeegee side obviously started to dissolve from the chemistry and then a little scrubbing with a pad or brush?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 09:00:07 PM »
Could also be your cleaning chemical does not like your emulsion.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 09:40:49 PM »
Could also be your cleaning chemical does not like your emulsion.

but that interaction is a primary characteristic of underexposed screens as well.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 10:45:04 PM »
You usually see it there yea.

You can also see it with pure photopolymer emulsions and some stronger cleaning chemicals.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 08:39:33 AM »
You usually see it there yea.

You can also see it with pure photopolymer emulsions and some stronger cleaning chemicals.
Has the emulsion on the squeegee side obviously started to dissolve from the chemistry and then a little scrubbing with a pad or brush?

This is the cryocoat emulsion.  I'm using a diptank with evirosolve.  I never thought about chemical interaction.  Thanks everyone for the input.   
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:46:11 AM by Doug S »
It's not a job if you love doing it.