Author Topic: Great Sports Collapses  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Great Sports Collapses
« on: June 22, 2016, 03:13:35 PM »
With the Warriors falling apart, the immediate knee-jerk reaction of many was to proclaim it the worst collapse in Bay Area sports history.
However, the local paper ranks it in 7th place of the worst 8!
http://www.eastbaytimes.com/breaking-news/ci_30040424/bay-area-sports-collapses-where-warriors-freefall-ranks
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Great Sports Collapses
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 03:21:54 PM »
With the Warriors falling apart, the immediate knee-jerk reaction of many was to proclaim it the worst collapse in Bay Area sports history.
However, the local paper ranks it in 7th place of the worst 8!
http://www.eastbaytimes.com/breaking-news/ci_30040424/bay-area-sports-collapses-where-warriors-freefall-ranks

Well, I'm not in the Bay Area, (though I know it had to suck) the '86 Red Sox still has a mighty sting...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 03:25:19 PM »
I think when Curry went down early in the playoffs it really stung their continuity. They weren't the same when he came back. He made some very poor decisions in the finals. I think loosing Green for that one game was a killer and not to mention Bogut. It just wasn't in the cards.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 03:43:41 PM »
Still, that was a great, great game 7, from a neutral POV of course...

Steve

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 03:51:52 PM »
meh, basketball.  actually I think I am burned out on sports in general...living in a town with such a crappy history will do that to you.

I have to admit I thought the Cavs were done.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 03:57:26 PM »
The 2004 yankees going down to the Sox from a 3-0 lead is... and always will be the biggest sports choke in history!
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 04:12:34 PM »

Steve
Yeah you couldn't ask for a better game 7 coming down to the wire. Had me on the edge of my seat but then again I'm an Oakland sports fan. Next up us for the Raiders to make some noise this/next year.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 04:15:22 PM »
The 2004 yankees going down to the Sox from a 3-0 lead is... and always will be the biggest sports choke in history!

and one of the great sports memories for us Sox fans, a lot of disappointment along the way, I was even a Yankee fan when I was in single digits because the Sox were so awful...

Steve

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 04:15:59 PM »
thank god they collapsed, or maybe the cavs just won. either way i haven't stopped smiling since sunday night! we are slammed right now. just have our 1 little auto but we have cranked out close to 10K pieces since sunday night! its a nice little kick in business thats for sure.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 04:30:57 PM »
I just had to turn down a "Strength in Numbers" job explaining that even without a Warriors logo, that slogan with that font with that stick number 5 for the "m" is a copyrighted design.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 04:33:03 PM »
yes, we love the hot market, especially football in January or February, when you can rest because it happens on a sunday night, and you're not busy anyway. We did 3 all nighters in 2004 when the Sox took their first in 86 years, and that was in 10 days when we were busy... shudder

Steve

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 05:17:12 PM »

First one that came to my mind.  4 game sweeps aren't that uncommon in baseball, but they are in the playoffs and especially when the series is 3-0 at the time.  1-0 then 4 in a row, no biggie, 2-0, same thing, 3-0??? epic choke job.  Fitting that it happened to the team with more championships than anyone else although it doesn't quite even things up in the eyes of the competition. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 07:35:05 PM »

Steve
Yeah you couldn't ask for a better game 7 coming down to the wire. Had me on the edge of my seat but then again I'm an Oakland sports fan. Next up us for the Raiders to make some noise this/next year.
Isnt that the san diego raiders or las vegas raiders? Broncos fan sorry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 07:53:36 PM »

Steve
Isnt that the san diego raiders or las vegas raiders? Broncos fan sorry.

Lol I have no idea but I will be a fan anyway. I think you guys lucked out that the Texans overpaid for Brock!

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 08:25:53 PM »
Yep.