Author Topic: this is what im doing this weekend...  (Read 1650 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Re: this is what im doing this weekend...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 09:56:46 PM »
I've done others, Warrior Dash, Gladiator Assault Challenge, and some more regional ones, but not the one you're mentioning. I always had fun until they became too popular and poorly managed. Waiting 20 minutes to do an obstacle? Not fun for me anymore. My son and I will do a few this summer. I do like them if they are run correctly. Let us know how it goes for you. I'm gearing up for my first half marathon of the season. Good luck and have fun.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 12:46:20 PM »
Thanks!  This is my first. I think they did less per wave this time, ive heard that you do wait. Im not fast, so i dont mind..LOL

There is an obstacle course 30 min from me that ive been training on..

good luck on your half!!! 

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 01:52:26 PM »
I did one called Ruckus a few years ago. It was a lot of fun. I'm not a big fan of running, but really liked all the obstacles. I know what Dave means though. You would get a little bit of a bottleneck at the obstacles. I wasn't sure what the protocol was on passing people, so I was patient. I wanted to zip through that part to help offset my slow running time. I'd like to do on again.

Have fun Rob!

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 07:48:14 AM »
here are some pics of myself and stepson..