Author Topic: Thank You Cobra Ink!!  (Read 2340 times)

Offline XG Print

Thank You Cobra Ink!!
« on: May 06, 2016, 08:42:32 AM »
Just wanted to give a huge Thanks and recommendation to Cobra Ink.  I had my Epson Stylus 1400 lock up on me Wednesday night and after 20 mins of torture on the phone with Epson technical assistance, which did absolutely nothing, I was about to go insane.  I had 800 pieces due this morning and keep in mind I am a manual printer.  FedEx could not print my art and my buddies shop was out of ink and waiting on the UPS guy to deliver their cartridges.  NIGHTMARE!!  I called Cobra and talked to the lady that answered and explained my situation and that I had been using their refillable carts and dye ink for several years with 0 problems.  I was about to go buy a new printer and then she told me how I could reset my printer 1 time for $9.99  I went to the web site she told me about and downloaded the program and key and my printer came back up and is working perfectly.  THANK YOU COBRA INK!!  Worked all day and late last night but we got done!!  Love finding good helpful people in this business.  On a side note my buddy did end up printing a piece of my art on his 4900 and I swear my 1400 does a better job.  I thought that was strange....

Offline Croft

Re: Thank You Cobra Ink!!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 10:17:26 AM »
that happened to me , I payed the $9 and reset but you will have the same problem again, you may not have to spend the money again but it will lock up . I got away with just turning it off  when it happened again that seemed to reset things.
  I ended up getting another printer as back up once it happened a few more times I scrapped the old one and  installed the bulk COBRA system on the 1430 and it has worked really well.

Offline XG Print

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 01:42:47 PM »
That is exactly what I plan to do.  I am going to order a 1430 with a bulk system installed. 

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 01:56:10 PM »
Film printers....one of those things you should always have 2 of ...I have a back up for my back up...and we're DTS....there's nothing like that moment of panic when you can't run films, my bunger still puckers from my ordeal..rushed for films like you did, over nighted them from a buddy and there was a friggen typo.....

what's this website you guys speak of? or is it a secret....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline XG Print

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 02:07:57 PM »
not sure if it is a secret but it is www.2manuals.com

Offline Admiral

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 01:08:17 PM »
Film printers....one of those things you should always have 2 of ...I have a back up for my back up...and we're DTS....there's nothing like that moment of panic when you can't run films, my bunger still puckers from my ordeal..rushed for films like you did, over nighted them from a buddy and there was a friggen typo.....

what's this website you guys speak of? or is it a secret....

Yep, we actually had a CTS backup for a few months too :)

Now it's an Epson 4900 roll film backup, also have a 1400 if it somehow came down to that...

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 02:22:21 PM »
not sure if it is a secret but it is www.2manuals.com

No, it's not a secret, we used it on our old 1400 lots of time; we also ran the ink tube out of the printer into a bottle, big difference. We run a 3800 now, and found a maintenance cartridge reset routine for it, though the carts are only $20 each...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't