Author Topic: Employees and cell phones  (Read 6834 times)

Offline mjrprint

Re: Employees and cell phones
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2011, 02:28:38 PM »
Yea now it's everything at an instant these days. Social networks have completely eliminated actual human interaction.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2011, 04:00:47 PM »
I truly miss the days of basic old telephones on a cord. Long distance cost per minute no plans available. Letters were written by hand and mailed.

I think things like letters and conversations on the phone have completely lost their value. Its like anything you truly do not miss it till it is gone, back in the day you could wait days to get that important letter from your loved one even if it was only mushy gushy stuff.

Facebook is evil I tell you, on line dating is evil, text messaging is evil as well.
"No man is an island"

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2011, 04:09:27 PM »
In terms of business, for %90 of everything, I'll take an email over a phone call any day.
Phone calls demand your immediate attention and are honestly kind of intrusive. Some
folks are also a little phone happy. My VOIP dealy-doo has a web page where you can
view all of your phone calls and times and whatnot. One client I counted 30+ phone calls and
a little over an hour on the phone, for one job. Granted it was a large job, but literally
everything they asked had been outlined (and re-outlined, post phone call) in email. Ugh.
Not to mention PDF mockups and estimates and invoices are a hell of a lot better than a bunch
of talk. Picture thousand words yadda yaddaa...

You're right about everything else though.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2011, 04:29:19 PM »
I love email and texting, I hate phone calls and making them. I like having the time to think clearly and have my crap together before answering questions without having to eat my under priced phone price quote later.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2011, 05:12:29 PM »
I love email and texting, I hate phone calls and making them. I like having the time to think clearly and have my crap together before answering questions without having to eat my under priced phone price quote later.

if you had proper software, it wouldn't matter now would it?

and get the hell of ebay, you don't need any more crap...go sell or I'm going to start advertising in rochester. . .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...