Author Topic: Anybody know the screen printing scene in Birmingham AL?  (Read 1597 times)

Offline XG Print

Anybody know the screen printing scene in Birmingham AL?
« on: April 18, 2016, 04:02:41 PM »
My wife and I are kicking around a possible relocation from here in the Atlanta suburbs to the out scurts of Birmingham.  Wondering what the scene is like over there and if there are any supply houses and such readily available there.  I'm extremely nervous about relocating and having to rebuild my client base but I do think it would be the best move family wise for sure.  Anybody familiar with the area, specifically the Chelsea and Inverness areas.  Thanks

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Anybody know the screen printing scene in Birmingham AL?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 04:13:45 PM »
3deep is somewhere in Alabama
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 04:38:21 PM »
Very familiar.  There are probably 25+ shops there.  Screen Process of Alabama is right outside town in Trussville.  Great guys and been around forever.  Wilflex.  M&R CCI etc are what they carry.  3Deep is in the SE corner around 60 or so miles above Panama City.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 04:53:05 PM »
Yet still far enough away from Sonny to be comfortable ;D
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 05:20:20 PM »
Birmingham being the largest city in Alabama has more going on than where we are, plus like Sonny said you've got supply companies right there at your door steps, I would say Tube lite buutttu they are like being in another state anyway.  You've got tons of really big high schools there also which is a big plus if you can get in the door with them, other than that come on over and join us country boyz in Bama  RollTide!!!!
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 06:13:02 PM »
a friend of mine runs a shop called New Republic in Birmingham. They do a ton of national touring bands, but they also do alot of the small youth groups in town, and other alternative retail places like record stores and skate shops.

let me know if you want his info.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline LocalColor

• Verified/Junior
  • Slinging ink since '85
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 08:01:35 PM »
Yeah, we're in Helena, a 'burb of B'ham. Name of BSN is Ovation Media. Along with Screen Process, TSF has a distribution warehouse here. Come on over the waters fine, lots of new restaurants and clubs opening, great craft beer scene, and like 3Deep said "Roll Tide".
Seen a lot of changes in this industry over the last thirty years, some better than others.