Author Topic: So is that all we need to know?  (Read 787 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
So is that all we need to know?
« on: October 18, 2011, 10:31:35 PM »
So my 17 year old daughter sold a job for me at her school (100+ pcs 2 color on 100% cotton red shirts).  At first she over bid the job of 1 color on white shirts and they were fine with it, but then she asked for a quote of 2 color on red so then I quoted it properly. *shrug*

So her and her boy friend want to help print the job.  Which I'm all about as I like seeing her work (though she does have a real job) and really like the fact that she shows interest in screen printing.

So her and her boy friend come over to watch me print a job to see how it goes.  So I'm about to put on the first shirt and of course came the usual question "how do you make sure the shirt is straight?"  I said, well, these are kind of easy (3/4 sleeve two tone T200's), you pull the neck line right off the edge of the pallet and the shoulders land right on the corners.  I also explained how you can see the "grain" of the shirt and make sure it's straight down the platen.  I then print a shirt, explaining that "this is a flood stroke" and "this is a print stroke" and I explained how you want to make sure you "clear the screen" and explained that.

As I reach for the 2nd shirt they go, "seems pretty simple... anything else we need to know?"

Umm, nah... you're good.

LOL  They never even asked and I didn't get to explain anything about how to make sure a plain shirt is straight.... pretty much nothing else was explained.

Now I know I'm the worse person to be teaching the process at this point (as will be evidence by my next thread I post), but I also prefaced the entire process with that statement.

Guess they are screen printers now. ;)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: So is that all we need to know?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 08:42:27 AM »
If they don't know what can go wrong, maybe it won't happen, as long as they follow your instructions. But, we all know how that goes...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't