Author Topic: iphone (and ipad) Upgrade to IOS 9.3.1?  (Read 979 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
iphone (and ipad) Upgrade to IOS 9.3.1?
« on: April 16, 2016, 11:35:25 AM »
Anyone do this recently?
On what device? Good? Bad? From what version did you upgrade?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: iphone (and ipad) Upgrade to IOS 9.3.1?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 05:54:30 PM »
I'm sure there is much more but so far I've seen different camera features.  I'm not sure what version I upgraded from though.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline presspressmerch

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 10:56:03 PM »
If I'm not mistaken the additional abilities in notes is substantial, if you use that app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 10:05:39 AM »
I am more concerned with the possible problems (like we have have seen in the past, though not with the 9.2.* I am running now. I do know that they initially mucked up the 9.3 upgrade, and then delayed the 9.3.1 upgrade for 5s and older (I have an iphone 5).
This particular upgrade appears very pushy and obnoxious with constant reminders to install the (apparently) automatically downloaded newer version.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 01:56:16 PM »
I'd have to check what ours are on.  We keep an ipad 2 air or whatever they're called at each press.  They work fine but prior versions were a total mess with google apps which was a real bummer.  The version that's been out there for awhile has played much nicer though.  I haven't been very impressed with the ipads honestly and was expecting better considering all we need them to do is browse on chrome and be copacetic with sheets.   I put them in to hopefully smooth the transition to our local network which is running osx server.  Doing it again for cloud apps only I might lean toward higher end android tablets. 

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 08:35:23 AM »
I did my phone last week, a 6S, no problems, and won't do the iPad unless it's tethered; I did an upgrade on my first iPad wirelessly and forever after lost wi-fi... now seriously, what good is that?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't