Author Topic: Email: Am I the only one who checks their Spam (Junk) Box?  (Read 1384 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Email: Am I the only one who checks their Spam (Junk) Box?
« on: April 16, 2016, 10:17:57 AM »
I use Thunderbird for the business, and Yahoo as a catch-all, and they both prominently list the number of new and unread emails in there. Don't most email programs?
In the last week, I have had two instances of a breakdown in communication with other shops due to misdirected messages. These important communications, unrecognized as important, languished in spam/junk purgatory.
I see so much, mostly from folks younger than me, eschewing the phone in favor of email for their business, yet if they don't pay attention, can lose some important stuff, and possibly some reputation and money as well.
The Yelper is merely going to post that he was ignored.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:13:55 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline GaryG

• !!!
Re: Email: Am I the only one who checks their Spam (Junk) Box?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 12:04:38 PM »
Being on Safari, it all comes into one box with no spam to worry about.
Lots of middle finger deletes but see everything. Certainly time to upgrade.

Our Mac's are the large silver towers, but one neat thing about them...

Bringing it to work from home one day, opened the Yukon rear hatch, and to my dismay-
the tower flipped out from about 3 feet right on it's top! SMACK on to the pavement! :o

All I could do is watch... The metal handles saved it outright. Whew, bent handles, but innerds fine.

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 10:55:50 AM »
We check ours regularly throughout the day. We find an actual email in there about every other day.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Crazy Mike

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 11:47:29 AM »
We get a few good emails in the junk box each week, like one of our customers who has the last
name of Manlove.

Offline JoppaMill

• Verified/Junior
  • I have not arrived
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 07:38:29 PM »
If someone inspected my junk folder they would think I was an impotent male, looking to further his online education, with a fetish for knock-off high-end watches.
Each year, over two billion t-shirts are sold worldwide!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 08:19:53 AM »
Yes, I check, on rare occasion there is something real in there, very rare I might add...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 11:10:30 AM »
I've checked mine often enough to know that I can stop checking it now except for every month or so.  Rarely find anything in there that I want (if ever).
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 11:10:55 AM »
Rare for me as well, but as I said, two instances last week.
One was from a referral for some strange one-offs to a member here, and the other was my emails suddenly going to spam on someone's AOL account who has received plenty of my emails from my same address over the years .

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 11:58:00 AM »
I'm the member referral, and I admit I rarely if ever check my spam folder unless someone has contacted me by phone or through facebook (or PM in this case) and said they emailed me but never heard back.  I get around 200 spam messages a day these days so I simply ignore it.  I'm not at all averse to communicating by phone, and thought I sent you my phone number too Frog, though the forum doesn't save sent PM's so I may have left that off.

Either way, I'm sorry I failed here.  I did email him after your PM and finding his email in spam, but did not get a response so I assume he either found another vendor or was no longer interested in working with me which is understandable when you're on a deadline.

edit: Was just shown how to turn on the feature that saves sent PM's by default, which is awesome!  Not sure why this wouldn't be the default, but anyway...  Mouse over profile and click account settings, then mouse over modify profile and click personal messaging, then click the box that says Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default. and click change profile.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 12:35:29 PM by mimosatexas »

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 12:45:14 PM »
To be fair, the artist client in question had your other contact info, and could have followed up that way as well.
My consternation was fueled by two different instances in one week.

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 03:06:20 PM »
We check ours regularly and find regular emails in it.  I hate spam.