Author Topic: Bleeding Issue with Badger C2 and B-Core shorts  (Read 1711 times)

Offline XG Print

Bleeding Issue with Badger C2 and B-Core shorts
« on: April 02, 2016, 09:52:13 AM »
This one is not for me thankfully but I have a friend who has been printing a lot of these shorts from Badger and I know that badger is one of the worst bleeders in the game but I turned him on to using the IC Performance Pro 7113 which is what I use and granted I don't do a lot of shorts but it has worked wonderfully for us.  He is still having bleed problems with it.  I had him lower dryer temps and speed up belt to where he should be just getting a cure.  His problem is they look great coming out of the dryer but after a few days packed in the shipping box the bleed is on and they look really bad.  110 mesh using a P/F/P.  Any ideas???  Thanks

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Bleeding Issue with Badger C2 and B-Core shorts
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 09:58:10 AM »
We have a member, SoffeMike, who used to be BadgerMike who will hopefully jump into this, but perhaps not until Monday.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline AntonySharples

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 09:59:36 AM »
I would make sure that someone is at the end of the dryer stacking in multiple piles so that they are cooling off.  They maybe getting packed in the back right away and the residual heat is building up and causing migration.  Other option is silicone or stop using Badger! :) We try as hard as we can to steer people away from Badger.

Offline XG Print

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 10:41:53 AM »
I would make sure that someone is at the end of the dryer stacking in multiple piles so that they are cooling off.  They maybe getting packed in the back right away and the residual heat is building up and causing migration.  Other option is silicone or stop using Badger! :) We try as hard as we can to steer people away from Badger.

Yep!!  I do too....I have found other companies like BAW and Sport Tek are far easier to print and little to no worry bleeding.  The pricing on those shorts is good though. 

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 11:10:56 AM »
This one is not for me thankfully but I have a friend who has been printing a lot of these shorts from Badger and I know that badger is one of the worst bleeders in the game but I turned him on to using the IC Performance Pro 7113 which is what I use and granted I don't do a lot of shorts but it has worked wonderfully for us.  He is still having bleed problems with it.  I had him lower dryer temps and speed up belt to where he should be just getting a cure.  His problem is they look great coming out of the dryer but after a few days packed in the shipping box the bleed is on and they look really bad.  110 mesh using a P/F/P.  Any ideas???  Thanks

A lot of companies are successfully printing on "regular" Badger and other 100% Polyester Garments with good success with the Wilflex Top Score inks with a Bleed Blocker Grey Underbase.   For those really challenging fabrics that include dye sublimated camo garments from Badger, and other manufacturers, the top ink choices that I see being used are either a silicone ink from Nazdar or Rutland, and the ELT and ELT-S Series Plastisol Inks from One-Stroke.  I also know that International Coatings is finalizing development of a low temp cure / extreme bleed resistant plastisol ink system for these challenging bleed prone fabrics.  Please fee free to pass my email contact information (contained in my signature below) to your friend and have them reach out to me, if they are interested in reviewing a sample of either the Wilflex Top Score or ImageStar Silicone inks.
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 01:04:17 PM »
Just finished my second run of 200 of the C2's in as many weeks, huge mix of colors.  Tested a few "low bleed" and "low cure" inks I have on hand that work fine on the Sport-tek and other non-bleeders, and all failed hard.

Got some One Stroke Bravo Flex for another job and tried it out and even with a dryer spike where I saw the laser thermometer hit 370 on the print (freaked me out!) they are the smoothest and brightest white prints I have seen, even a week later.  That ink is expensive as hell, but holy crap is it awesome.  Passes every test I have put it through without a sweat (no bleeding, no cracking, super opaque, super smooth).  The stuff also prints really nicely on bad bleeding and fuzzy comfort colors (f those shirts) I found out.  Got a whole bunch of other white samples from One Stroke as well and will be testing them all against each other, including the ELT.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 01:12:49 PM »
We love the OneStroke Bravo Flex here as well...

I don't know how it works, but it works for all but the crappiest bleeder fabrics...

Crappiest Bleeder == Badger Digital Camo --- gotta go with SUPER low temps on those, and advise customers not to dry them on anything other than low heat.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 01:23:50 PM »

I don't know how it works, but it works for all but the crappiest bleeder fabrics...

Crappiest Bleeder == Badger Digital Camo --- gotta go with SUPER low temps on those, and advise customers not to dry them on anything other than low heat.

fortunately the digital camo stuff isn't popular with my folks so I haven't had to test it on those.  It did perform well on some import sublimated neck buffs though that made my standard low bleed white all but disappear into the sublimated print, and it couldn't handle the stretch without rippling.  The Bravo Flex can stretch like a son of a bitch.  Some serious voodoo going on in that ink.

Offline XG Print

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 03:14:29 PM »

fortunately the digital camo stuff isn't popular with my folks so I haven't had to test it on those.  It did perform well on some import sublimated neck buffs though that made my standard low bleed white all but disappear into the sublimated print, and it couldn't handle the stretch without rippling.  The Bravo Flex can stretch like a son of a bitch.  Some serious voodoo going on in that ink.

I am gonna try some of the Bravo Flex myself but DAMN THAT PRICE!!!  My feelings are hurt!! :o