Author Topic: Dreaded 00100B Error on 4800  (Read 1873 times)

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
Dreaded 00100B Error on 4800
« on: April 01, 2016, 09:09:11 AM »
Printed out several jobs yesterday and late in the day the error came up :/ All cartridges are full  and was printing great and just went to Sh#$ !! Any suggestions that may give me a clue, checked ribbon connection, no change in set-up in printing, same film since printer was purchased. Thanks

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Dreaded 00100B Error on 4800
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 12:22:20 PM »
Coop, just unplug it for a few minutes and it might reset itself..
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Alex M

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 12:30:35 PM »
This is a head thermistor error if it does not reset with time unplugged like suggested you are SOL sad to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
Mobile: +1 630 220 6588
alex@easiway.com

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 12:47:40 PM »
Yep I would say so, still working on it but not looking good :/

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 02:32:26 PM »
Bad news first, the head might be dead.  But there are a few other things to look at.  Email me and I can send over the field repair guide if you don't already have it.  Too big to attach.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 03:08:26 PM »
Here you go, the perfect tool to fix that annoying error..

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 03:31:34 PM »
LMAO.... Yea I thought about that and a stiff drink and I don't drink!! I have got the Epson 3000 unpackaged (long story) and it is printing but T-rip will not recognize it, talked to Scott F. and he took over my computer and removed the dang printer.... Had a time trying to find drivers but got it now waiting on his phone call back. Maybe we can get it going.... I will drop you an email Zoo. Thanks

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 07:34:09 AM »
Here is a video that will permanently resolve many issues you may encounter with an Epson printer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf6kOEtgQqE

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 09:24:25 AM »
Lol, someone could make a lot of money coming up with a Good inkjet printer that is worth the money. I still say the 3000/was the toughest one Epson made but I think it was too good they were losing money by not selling more printers.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 06:55:34 PM »
the best combo for a producion workhorse printer is an epson 4880 with and older, pre 2013 accurip RIP with refillable carts. buy them cheap and clogged on ebay or craigslist. flush the ink system  and load up your carts halfway, charge the printer and test print each head by turning them on and off in accurip. keep the best heads, put the clear fluid in the other carts.
Linerize your dots, pre 2013 sofware allows for linerization and nou have a new multi head film printer. use till dead and repeat. best to have a spare on the shelf for next time.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 08:05:50 PM »
the best combo for a producion workhorse printer is an epson 4880 with and older, pre 2013 accurip RIP with refillable carts. buy them cheap and clogged on ebay or craigslist. flush the ink system  and load up your carts halfway, charge the printer and test print each head by turning them on and off in accurip. keep the best heads, put the clear fluid in the other carts.
Linerize your dots, pre 2013 sofware allows for linerization and nou have a new multi head film printer. use till dead and repeat. best to have a spare on the shelf for next time.

filmmaker will let you select the heads, at least the version 3 we use does. If buying new RIP wight be worth checking with Cadlink or downloading a demo version.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 08:26:00 PM »
FYI, latest Accurip has the linearization.  I don't know if they put it back in after complaints or how that rumor got started that it was missing.  We upgraded to black pearl (forced to, like others) and it was there from the get go.

FilmMaker has a bit more control than AR when it comes to linearization.  AR kind of hits a wall at 90% up in my experience.  However, if you like to output at higher res like 2880x1440 and want that high d-max both will struggle at full resolution to linearize the upper percentages.  Film and ink is a big factor of course but this is my experience across testing many different media combinations.  I'm not sure if any of the other RIPs like Wasatch and Harlequin can control 2880 res better or not.  If you output at 1440 or more common res then you'll find both AR and FM have a good bit of control with FM getting my nod for best control overall at the lower resolutions but at the cost of using a pc only, FM is no go after much support from CadLink for an OSX to Windows workflow. 

I know it costs a bunch and bulk refills may be similar and cheaper but do yourself a favor and buy a cart of Chromaline's Accuink.  It's performed extremely well for us.

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 05:30:06 PM »
From what I read the reason for the error of head overheating is because one is clogged. So you say if you turn it off the head will not overheat when not using that color slot? interesting very interesting but of course My T-Rip has no such animal called the  linearization tool :/