Author Topic: Roq owners  (Read 9108 times)

Offline fishman08

Re: Roq owners
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 02:14:42 AM »
I think they are pretty close. within a couple 1000 dollars. What I found that makes a big difference, is the extras. I think the Flashes are several 1000s in price different, table up vs head down. You will need a smaller air compressor set-up to run the ROQ vs the sportsman.
You might want to check the numbers again. The Sportsman even in a 12 color would not use more than 3 h.p. of air at full speed and the price of the press and flashes is comparable if not lower. Fell free to call or contact me if you would like to discuss. rich.hoffman@mrprint or Cell 630-240-9076. Office 800-736-6431
If blue 244 didn't build it no one can. In all my time trolling as you call it on the board, blue 244 can't compliment another company. If your gonna be a bully as they call you, at least be a good one. If blue is so superior to all the other's, at the next trade show at least challenge them to a friendly competition. May the best press win. The crowds would be huge just to watch, and both companies would sell a ton of equipment.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 06:57:55 AM »
I think they are pretty close. within a couple 1000 dollars. What I found that makes a big difference, is the extras. I think the Flashes are several 1000s in price different, table up vs head down. You will need a smaller air compressor set-up to run the ROQ vs the sportsman.
You might want to check the numbers again. The Sportsman even in a 12 color would not use more than 3 h.p. of air at full speed and the price of the press and flashes is comparable if not lower. Fell free to call or contact me if you would like to discuss. rich.hoffman@mrprint or Cell 630-240-9076. Office 800-736-6431
If blue 244 didn't build it no one can. In all my time trolling as you call it on the board, blue 244 can't compliment another company. If your gonna be a bully as they call you, at least be a good one. If blue is so superior to all the other's, at the next trade show at least challenge them to a friendly competition. May the best press win. The crowds would be huge just to watch, and both companies would sell a ton of equipment.

Methinks that you are a wee bit fixated on your dislike for Mr Hoffman and his company as your complaints about his attitude don't quite ring true in the specifically quoted post. In said post, he seems merely to defend and correct specific statements made about price and air requirements.
As we know. he is indeed passionate about his product. Perhaps you should read a little more, and respond to a more pertinent post.
Better yet, while you are not alone in your feelings about Rich, and perhaps even have a legitimate gripe occasionally,  lets see a little more positivity and start sharing some of your industry wisdom. If all you have to offer is your hatred for all things blue, you will start seeming a little too much like the very person who drove us to create this very place a few years back in an effort to provide a troll-free forum for friendly screenprinters.
How about remaining critical, but trying a little harder to show that you meet those qualifications. The two are not mutually exclusive. ;)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 07:34:05 AM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2016, 07:25:46 AM »
Two posts. Two slams   :o
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Ross_S

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2016, 08:01:07 AM »
My 2 cents.  I don't run a M&R auto either but have had more than a few visits and conversations with Rich.  If you got a gripe go about it more professionally then just trying to slam the guy.  I've talked and met with just about every auto manufacture President and I can tell you first hand not one of them gave the feedback, help, recommendations, etc. that Rich has given to most people including myself.  Therefore, ask yourself if your current manufacture can give you the kind of service that Rich and M&R have provided (Should be industry standard).  Again just my 2 cents and I don't run a M&R auto but maybe in the near future.

A

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2016, 08:30:38 AM »
My 2 cents.  I don't run a M&R auto either but have had more than a few visits and conversations with Rich.  If you got a gripe go about it more professionally then just trying to slam the guy.  I've talked and met with just about every auto manufacture President and I can tell you first hand not one of them gave the feedback, help, recommendations, etc. that Rich has given to most people including myself.  Therefore, ask yourself if your current manufacture can give you the kind of service that Rich and M&R have provided (Should be industry standard).  Again just my 2 cents and I don't run a M&R auto but maybe in the near future.

A

This....
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline fishman08

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2016, 08:22:57 PM »

Methinks that you are a wee bit fixated on your dislike for Mr Hoffman and his company as your complaints about his attitude don't quite ring true in the specifically quoted post. In said post, he seems merely to defend and correct specific statements made about price and air requirements.
As we know. he is indeed passionate about his product. Perhaps you should read a little more, and respond to a more pertinent post.
Better yet, while you are not alone in your feelings about Rich, and perhaps even have a legitimate gripe occasionally,  lets see a little more positivity and start sharing some of your industry wisdom. If all you have to offer is your hatred for all things blue, you will start seeming a little too much like the very person who drove us to create this very place a few years back in an effort to provide a troll-free forum for friendly screenprinters.
How about remaining critical, but trying a little harder to show that you meet those qualifications. The two are not mutually exclusive. ;)
The man has built a Multi- million dollar company, methinks thats pretty impressive. Hatred for all things blue are your words not mine. I simply noticed a trend while trolling as you call it. Certain people posted about M&R being bullies. Ryan stated that 2 presses were pretty close price wise, I believe his exact quote was within a couple 1000 bucks. How did 244 respond, you might wanna check the numbers again. As an industry leader, which I believe he is, would be a little more diplomatic. Thats just my opinion. But I appreciate you calling me a blue hater. Your words. I was simple using a little sarcasm, If blue cant build it no one can. But in no way did I say anything negative about big blue, because i would think he would have called me out on it himself. And I still think the press competition would be must see tv at a trade show. I was in no way slinging hate, just stating something. Your the one hating, on a friendly note. Its guys or drones like you who are hating, just stating.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2016, 08:29:44 PM »
I think that to most here The impression given is different. Thanks for playing though. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2016, 09:55:57 PM »
It has been brought to my attention that I (and maybe others) misunderstood fishman's posts, and he in no way meant to seem as casting aspersions about 244 or M&R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ross_S

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2016, 08:40:59 AM »
Fisherman: I believe they did a competition like that before if I remember correctly (Didn't the UNMENTIONABLE try to compete with RIch a few years ago).  It doesn't really matter either way and yes it would be cool.  However while everyone is standing around watching all that there are no sales being made or conversations so I'm guessing your not going to see it.

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2016, 09:27:28 AM »
Troll.....my words.

Bullying?... You mean hiding behind a screen name while calling someone out isn't?

244 (Rich) is the CEO of his company and as such is very passionate and positive about his products. Being a cheerleader and promoter as part of his job description.

Hatred (Frogs words) is an easy assumption as your words tend to express such feeling.

If you don't like the words (troll) and (hate).....then try joining a conversation on this topic/board without putting someone on blast while hiding behind your a screen name.

Methinks this is just the kind of fishing.....or...sorry  response/ argument your lookin to have.... Have fun with that one.

Murphy
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:38:48 AM by Underbase37 »

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2016, 09:55:44 AM »
In my defense, it should be noted that rather than merely this Roq thread in which he suggested a competition, I felt that Fishman's first post, in this year old thread helped establish both a tone, and perceived agenda. As bimm observed, "two posts, two slams", it's easy to see how I (we) got the wrong impression.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2016, 10:37:19 AM »
I got the same impression...

"2 posts, 2 slams" seemed pretty accurate to me.  Definitely didn't add anything to the conversation.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2016, 11:00:55 AM »
Perhaps this is a little derailment,sot move or delete if you wish.
This relates directly to Mr. Hoffman. I am looking at a few machines and of course M&R is in the search for me. They have the machines I am after, but I wondered if they could be modified to a  degree for my application. Rather than just saying "No", Rich too the time to reply to me and explained what it would take to do what I was asking, and what he estimated the costs to do it would be. That small gesture speaks to me as to how concerned he is about his customers, or potential customers. Above and beyond. In my opinion. I'm not saying that other company owners wouldn't do the same, but I can say Rich DID.

Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2016, 11:18:14 AM »
Just got to put my 2 cents in here, I talked to Rich many times as most of you have and the cats a service guru and he has build a nice company around what he knows best, he has built a very loyal base of customers, now is M&R the best equipment around no no no, but Rich Hoffman service and willingness to help at any time puts him miles ahead of the rest, bash him ( I like to poke at him just to make sure he is human LOL) and he has not to say a word, but his customers will eat you up, heck I only wish I could build my company like that 8)
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2016, 11:19:45 AM »
Rich has gone above and beyond for this industry over and over and over. Period. Anyone questioning him isn't considering the body of his work. He's set an example of service that ELEVATED every other press manufactures service to one degree or another.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube