Author Topic: MHM E-Type screen change trick...(or not)  (Read 5817 times)

Offline squeegee

Re: MHM E-Type screen change trick...(or not)
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 10:04:59 PM »
I'm sure it could be done, but remember if you pallets are down the whole time during preheat, it's going to take a lot longer to get the pallets to temp.  My suggestion is raise your floods and possibly your OC, unless you're running discharge I don't see why normal OC wouldn't suffice.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 11:58:26 AM »
If your pallets are sticking on the first screen then you are basically running zero off contact right? 

On this subject, is there any new press out there that doesn't let you take a screen out without taking the squeegee and floodbar out as well?  I love how easy it is with our press, and the MHM with the arm being able to raise is a very nice feature as well.
Let's see:
circa early 90's M&R Challenger and by default a Progressive
any Precision oval
any Anatol
Any MHM
any TAS
Just about any press i used with the exception of TUF or Lawson.

Sonny, did you not read that the MHM can do this?  And I also put the disclaimer of "new" in my question as well.  I thought the Anatol was capable of this as well, is that not the case?
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 12:16:07 PM »
I have off contact but just a hair. Its not so much teh screen that as it is the flood bar. I know i can move it back where there is no tack. I am just interested to find out what others are doing on a E-type press. Years ago I heard the phrase "Your eating Sh$t and don't even know it".  I am just checking to make sure there is not a better way.

Can you raise the FB chopper independently or is it stuck in the down position except during the print stroke?  We would have this issue since we flood hard and don't use much OC, but I can raise our FB chopper up by itself while we are applying adhesive to the pallets.  I need to spend more time around an MHM.  I like them and think they are one of the best machines out there right now.

We apply adhesive during warm pallets mode.  Do you run your floods all the way down?  Maybe try backing them up an eigth or so?  It doesn't cause us a problem unless the floods are all the way down and we're running something that needs almost zero off contact, in that case we apply and index with the table down (arrows on control panel), it's not necessary to use change pallet mode to index with the table down.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 03:55:32 PM »
If your pallets are sticking on the first screen then you are basically running zero off contact right? 

On this subject, is there any new press out there that doesn't let you take a screen out without taking the squeegee and floodbar out as well?  I love how easy it is with our press, and the MHM with the arm being able to raise is a very nice feature as well.
Let's see:
circa early 90's M&R Challenger and by default a Progressive
any Precision oval
any Anatol
Any MHM
any TAS
Just about any press i used with the exception of TUF or Lawson.

Sonny, did you not read that the MHM can do this?  And I also put the disclaimer of "new" in my question as well.  I thought the Anatol was capable of this as well, is that not the case?
Sorry missed that.  There is a method of doing this with the presses mentioned by me as well as you.  It involves among other things on some presses half indexing the table, folding the floodbar and sometimes squeegee up out of the way, sliding the carriage back and forth, and tilting the screen out sideways.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 07:06:46 PM »
I'm sure it could be done, but remember if you pallets are down the whole time during preheat, it's going to take a lot longer to get the pallets to temp.  My suggestion is raise your floods and possibly your OC, unless you're running discharge I don't see why normal OC wouldn't suffice.

I don't really get it...I set the flood bar off the mesh so it shouldn’t be hitting the table. It is just head one and sometimes others but almost always head one. I am sure i just need to re adjust the screen holders. Next time I am printing I will check the flood bar again.

Offline squeegee

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 10:44:58 PM »
I don't understand either because we just don't have this problem.  Can you raise the OC and make the problem go away?  If not, then you're screen holders are definately off.  Is the problem consistent on every pallet?  If not, then you may have some pallets riding higher than others.  A simple way to check this is to clamp a ruler to one of your squeegee assemblies so it's a MM or so above  one pallet, with the press off, bring each pallet under the ruler you've clamped, run the squeegee assembly manually from front to back over the pallet and you will see if your pallets are out.  It could be a combination of the pallets and the screen holders.  If the pallets are consistent, then adjusting the screen holders is a piece of cake.  I think I PM'd you my number a while ago, give me a call if you want, I'd be glad to explain how we do it.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 11:15:36 PM »
Squeegee,

It is every pallet. I am sure the screen holders are off. I am going to register my holders and all of my micro's and make sure the s/f up down settings are all dialed in. I have been behind ever since I got the press running.  Any tips on this are more than welcome.

Thanks all