Author Topic: MHM E-Type screen change trick...(or not)  (Read 5816 times)

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
MHM E-Type screen change trick...(or not)
« on: October 18, 2011, 01:50:19 AM »
Ok I am not an expert on this press so there maybe a better way...

I do a lot of 2 color front and 2 color back prints. They are the same color on front and back. On the press you can't pull out a screen without taking the flood bar and squeegee out first. Taking out the Squeegee and flood takes too long and then I always get ink on my hands.  I want to just pop out the old screen then pop the new one in. I think this is one of the only mistakes on this press I have found so far. So then yesterday I figured out that if I take a pallet out and it gives enough clearance for the old screen to come out the new screen in and be printing the backs in less than a min.

If there is another way let me know...If there is other tricks on this press let me know.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 06:01:36 PM by Screened Gear »

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: MHM E-Type screen change trick...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 07:45:11 AM »
Simply put press in clean position.  At this point you can move the pallets side to side.  Pop screen out by tilting it.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 08:02:08 AM »
so the arm with the squeegee and floodbar don't raise up out of the way on the E-type? That does sound strange for MHM. We have an S-type, and it's the easiest thing to do, basically one of the major selling points of the press. Ridiculously easy squeegee, floodbar, screen and pallet changes. MHM makes a great press...
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 08:16:05 AM »
Simply put press in clean position.  At this point you can move the pallets side to side.  Pop screen out by tilting it.

yup, put the press in clean and move the squeegee and floodbar forward. Swap screens and push the carriage back. It takes whole of 15 sec to get done. Also try this on an empty head. Push adjust and pressure release at the same time.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 12:25:00 PM »
This is the S-Types' time to shine.

I don't know if I can ever go back to a press that doesn't have the head lift up.
God I love that feature. I wanna make an animated GIF of it.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 12:47:07 PM »
I will have to try that. It has to be a tight fit to get it out.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 06:01:12 PM »
Ok I tried it that way. It works and is faster than my way. I wish there was a book that tells you how to do things maybe like a best practices of your MHM e-type.

Here is another question. How do you apply your waterbase Pallet Tack without having it get on the back of the white ink screen. I run with almost no off contact. Do you guys raise that screen before applying tack? That is what I have been doing.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: MHM E-Type screen change trick...(or not)
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 06:40:40 PM »
If your pallets are sticking on the first screen then you are basically running zero off contact right? 

On this subject, is there any new press out there that doesn't let you take a screen out without taking the squeegee and floodbar out as well?  I love how easy it is with our press, and the MHM with the arm being able to raise is a very nice feature as well.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 06:58:10 PM »
If your pallets are sticking on the first screen then you are basically running zero off contact right? 

I have off contact but just a hair. Its not so much teh screen that as it is the flood bar. I know i can move it back where there is no tack. I am just interested to find out what others are doing on a E-type press. Years ago I heard the phrase "Your eating Sh$t and don't even know it".  I am just checking to make sure there is not a better way.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 06:58:58 PM »

On this subject, is there any new press out there that doesn't let you take a screen out without taking the squeegee and floodbar out as well?  I love how easy it is with our press, and the MHM with the arm being able to raise is a very nice feature as well.
Let's see:
circa early 90's M&R Challenger and by default a Progressive
any Precision oval
any Anatol
Any MHM
any TAS
Just about any press i used with the exception of TUF or Lawson.
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 07:00:42 PM »
Ok I tried it that way. It works and is faster than my way. I wish there was a book that tells you how to do things maybe like a best practices of your MHM e-type.

Here is another question. How do you apply your waterbase Pallet Tack without having it get on the back of the white ink screen. I run with almost no off contact. Do you guys raise that screen before applying tack? That is what I have been doing.
To do this use your pallet change setting.  This indexes the press without raising the table..
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 07:12:35 PM »
But then (possibly) the pallet you are applying tack to will not be locked in.

I wish my press had a combo change/warm pallet option. That would be sweet.
While changing pallets they're also being flashed. Cut your time in half.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 07:23:55 PM »
But then (possibly) the pallet you are applying tack to will not be locked in.

I wish my press had a combo change/warm pallet option. That would be sweet.
While changing pallets they're also being flashed. Cut your time in half.
You simply apply the glue to the right hand pallet.
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training

Offline squeegee

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 07:57:15 PM »
I have off contact but just a hair. Its not so much teh screen that as it is the flood bar. I know i can move it back where there is no tack. I am just interested to find out what others are doing on a E-type press. Years ago I heard the phrase "Your eating Sh$t and don't even know it".  I am just checking to make sure there is not a better way.

We apply adhesive during warm pallets mode.  Do you run your floods all the way down?  Maybe try backing them up an eigth or so?  It doesn't cause us a problem unless the floods are all the way down and we're running something that needs almost zero off contact, in that case we apply and index with the table down (arrows on control panel), it's not necessary to use change pallet mode to index with the table down.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 08:27:07 PM »
Use index arrow in Adjust mode to flash your Tack.... Why does it sould so easy. I have preheat pallets on my auto screen and for some reason I want to use that. I bet there is a setting in the Tech screen were you can change the table up to table down and have 2 preheat pallet buttons...