Author Topic: What the heck do I do with this?  (Read 2492 times)

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
What the heck do I do with this?
« on: March 08, 2016, 06:20:05 PM »
Ok, a long time client for a high school just sent me 4 designs for an event they are having.

The attached picture is 1 of the 4 designs, and I am not sure what way I should separate this to make it look ok, but also be cost effective for them.  45 qty of each design.

Any thoughts on this.  Single color halftone over a white underbase maybe?

Offline jvieira

Re: What the heck do I do with this?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 06:35:54 PM »
Can't you sub to someone who does DTG?

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 06:39:00 PM »

I want to, but all of my local shops are in the $8 range, and adding in the cost of the shirt, plus a little markup, that is still more than the client wants to pay.  Im not sure im doing myself a favor taking on this job.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 06:57:25 PM »
what about converting all that to a white halftone..

run it 2 screens... 160 for your base white... 225 for your top with the halftones... dial them back so your max is like a 50% or so and just let the shirt show through...

too bad you can't do this discharge... as it could be a really nice 1 or 2 screens job... (2nd screen in the discharge being the lightest beigey color)

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 07:08:36 PM »
what about converting all that to a white halftone..

run it 2 screens... 160 for your base white... 225 for your top with the halftones... dial them back so your max is like a 50% or so and just let the shirt show through...

too bad you can't do this discharge... as it could be a really nice 1 or 2 screens job... (2nd screen in the discharge being the lightest beigey color)

Sounds good.  Ill give that a go.

Thanks!

Offline bpfohler

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 07:38:03 PM »

I want to, but all of my local shops are in the $8 range, and adding in the cost of the shirt, plus a little markup, that is still more than the client wants to pay. 

We deal with that all that time, customer comes in with an idea for a shirt from a multi colored picture they downloaded from the Internet and then gets sticker shock when you give them a price.