Author Topic: Whats in your dip tank?  (Read 1563 times)

Offline XG Print

Whats in your dip tank?
« on: February 16, 2016, 02:38:06 PM »
Our current dip tank solution is getting weak so we are about to change it out and I was wondering what most are using for the chemicals in your tank.  We use Aquasol HVP Photopolymer emulsion pretty much as a constant.

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
Re: Whats in your dip tank?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 02:43:03 PM »
Our current dip tank solution is getting weak so we are about to change it out and I was wondering what most are using for the chemicals in your tank.  We use Aquasol HVP Photopolymer emulsion pretty much as a constant.

Hold on just a minute before you dump that sucker.  Depending on the ER you use you may be able to re-charge-sweeten the tank with a small amount of concentrate to greatly extend the life of the pre-mix dip tank product.

Lots of variables, post what you are currently using and how you are mixing it before you throw that tank away.
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline XG Print

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 02:47:52 PM »
Ryonet Eco Dunk N Strip....My screen guy says its not as strong as what his previous shop used but he wasn't sure what they used.  Thats what got me to thinking.  He cleaned a bunch of screens last night and said it was getting very weak.

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 02:50:53 PM »
CCI ER-80.  And as Greg stated, we recently recharged ours. 
Filtered out the gunk, added only a small amount of fresh chemical and clean water and it was back to full power.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 02:52:54 PM »
Is it a concentrate?  How big is your tank?  XER 25 from xenon is a 25 to 1 concentrate.  $58.50 per gallon.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 03:09:42 PM »
I just dumped my dip tank, only used it for a few months.
We now spray Saati ER2 onto the screen, works really well and there is no hassle with the dip tank.
We had the same chemical in the tank.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 03:19:45 PM »
Easyway.

We get on average 350 screens before we need to replace the solution.  Saati PHU and Graphic HU.

Also gives us a chance to clean the tank.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 03:36:40 PM »
I use supra and have gotten about a year out of it both times I've filled it so far, with a one gallon recharge after 6 or 8 months.  conservatively I average maybe 20 screens a week (recently quite a bit more).  So I guess I am getting around 1000 screens per fill.

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 03:42:36 PM »
I use supra and have gotten about a year out of it both times I've filled it so far, with a one gallon recharge after 6 or 8 months.  conservatively I average maybe 20 screens a week (recently quite a bit more).  So I guess I am getting around 1000 screens per fill.
Same as me.  100%.  1 year, a recharge and then I change it out.