Author Topic: Pouring emulsion down from 5 gal buckets with no mess?  (Read 7271 times)

Offline ABuffington

Re: Pouring emulsion down from 5 gal buckets with no mess?
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2016, 11:27:48 AM »
Hey thanks for posting a video of Motion Textile's shop, I haven't seen this before.  Tom's place is a blueprint for how it should be done.  He prints all of our show shirts and produces incredible work. 

Al
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2016, 11:33:02 AM »
Hey thanks for posting a video of Motion Textile's shop, I haven't seen this before.  Tom's place is a blueprint for how it should be done.  He prints all of our show shirts and produces incredible work. 

Al

Soooooooo Al, Chris from Roeder Industries was telling me last week that T9 is the bombdiggity and that's what I should be using for an all in one emulsion for plastisol anddddd discharge printing.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2016, 08:18:35 PM »
I've been wondering about that semi auto coating stand. How you guys like that unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Vastex semi auto coater works pretty much as advertised.  Works great in tandem with the CTS, coat 2 or 3 and change out the screen on the CTS.

Very consistent screens, EOM very consistent.  Alan & 1 both can coat faster manually, but he/I coat more consistently with the Vastex.

Speed of stroke has a great deal to do with EOM and the coater has no speed variations, one less variable.

PLUS, when we need to train a new staff member to coat it should be identical, should be.

My 2 cents...
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2016, 09:21:02 PM »
For a long time I'd transfer emulsion into the gallon or so sized plastic coffee cans that Folger's come in these days. They seal well, pour easy and when the emulsion dries it peels off.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)