Author Topic: One of THOSE days  (Read 7814 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: One of THOSE days
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2011, 10:21:47 AM »
Gawd, I love the lawerly BS in there.  There are easier ways of saying that in fewer words.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2011, 10:26:18 AM »
Gawd, I love the lawerly BS in there.  There are easier ways of saying that in fewer words.

haha -my mind starts to wander after the first sentence. . .In demonstrating that a level of safety is achieved in the tagout program which is equivalent to the level of . . huh I wonder what I will have for lunch today. . .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2011, 10:31:22 AM »

you should see my lockout/tagout program - i specify which breaker panel, breaker number, air valve location, equipment name and serial number.  i specify which lock is used and what type of lockout to be used.  if there are more than one source of energy, i wrote which steps to take in order to confirm that its properly locked out. 

four auto presses, two gas dryers, five quarts flashes, one IR flash, two air compressors, one air dryer, three air tanks, three heat presses, two folding machines, one IR dryer, three embroidery machines,  two exposure units, one ink shaker...   plus some stuff i might have forgotten.   just when i thought i was finished, i would walk around and find something else that could be locked out.   the whole program is in a three ring binder.   

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2011, 10:34:11 AM »
HAHA, i do the same thing, it's like so many words are crammed together that really don't need to be.

Oh and that same customer from earlier responded that we sent the wrong sizes for one of the classes.  Even though they were ordered correctly, checked in, checked in after the fronts were printed and then checked back out before boxing, they were still wrong...I don't think so.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2011, 10:58:44 AM »

you should see my lockout/tagout program - i specify which breaker panel, breaker number, air valve location, equipment name and serial number.  i specify which lock is used and what type of lockout to be used.  if there are more than one source of energy, i wrote which steps to take in order to confirm that its properly locked out. 

four auto presses, two gas dryers, five quarts flashes, one IR flash, two air compressors, one air dryer, three air tanks, three heat presses, two folding machines, one IR dryer, three embroidery machines,  two exposure units, one ink shaker...   plus some stuff i might have forgotten.   just when i thought i was finished, i would walk around and find something else that could be locked out.   the whole program is in a three ring binder.
Duane Good!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2011, 12:38:11 PM »

Dizzle send me an e-mail if you like.............gotta show you pic of my compressors, holding, tank, dryers, coolers etc. The most awesome install I've ever seen.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2011, 12:58:17 PM »
My pops was working in the drop ceiling of an office building. Electrician was doing some work on the lights as well
and had the breaker tagged out. Janitor guy came along and was trying to figure out why the lights in another area weren't working.
(You can see where this is going)

Pops got hit with 277 or whatever that voltage they use for banks of flourescent lights is. Magnetized to it, on a ladder, he fell back
and passed out. Woke up several hours later with an insane headache and a melted wedding ring.

I like barricading the panel better. And yes, multi-lingual is important.

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2011, 01:06:58 PM »
Just ordered one of those kits. Yesterday one of the knuckleheads turned the press on while I was under it greasing some of the cam bearings. Glad I still have pretty quick reflexes lol.

Offline ftembroidery

• !!!
  • Just got new glasses, but I'm still disillusioned
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2011, 02:04:50 PM »
Many years ago I was working on an air-cooled VW Van.  I was on top of the engine (if you don't know, they were rear-engine/rear-wheel drive) and one of the dealerships salesmen got in the van and started it up to drive away.  Not one of my "happy-place" memories.
Grant me the ability to change the things I can, the strength to accept the things I cannot and the wisdom to recognize the difference.

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2011, 02:49:36 PM »
My pops was working in the drop ceiling of an office building. Electrician was doing some work on the lights as well
and had the breaker tagged out. Janitor guy came along and was trying to figure out why the lights in another area weren't working.
(You can see where this is going)

Pops got hit with 277 or whatever that voltage they use for banks of flourescent lights is. Magnetized to it, on a ladder, he fell back
and passed out. Woke up several hours later with an insane headache and a melted wedding ring.

I like barricading the panel better. And yes, multi-lingual is important.

a friend of mine is an electrician - one of his coworkers has a similar story - his boss didnt want to/couldnt lockout the lights in the drop ceiling, my friends coworker got hit with 277v, and had to kick the ladder out so that he could let go of the tool that hit the electricity.  he took down the entire drop ceiling when he and the ladder fell.  - oh, it was during normal business hours and the office staff was working at the time.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2011, 03:43:31 PM »
Yeah, so now I did an update on my logitech wireless keyboard and now when i press the inbox button, it opens up another instance of outlook.  It changed all of my settings and the software to change the settings crashes when I try and open it.

I am about ready to get a new keyboard.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2011, 06:20:59 PM »
a friend of mine is an electrician - one of his coworkers has a similar story - his boss didnt want to/couldnt lockout the lights in the drop ceiling, my friends coworker got hit with 277v, and had to kick the ladder out so that he could let go of the tool that hit the electricity.  he took down the entire drop ceiling when he and the ladder fell.  - oh, it was during normal business hours and the office staff was working at the time.

Last thing my pops remembers is thinking "I have to fall backwards" to break the hold. It was on a weekend.
Has trouble making new memories now. Electricity is some weird crap.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2011, 08:58:39 PM »

Last thing my pops remembers is thinking "I have to fall backwards" to break the hold. It was on a weekend.
Has trouble making new memories now. Electricity is some weird crap.

And that's why I don't play with the juice.. I know me, and the last thing you want me doing is wiring anything other than basic black/white/green 110 wiring.

SO.. what was a rough day to begin with.. after a morning of dealing with my best repeat customer, who now wants 1's and 2's shirts per the 6 designs he has now, and getting him to understand that NO i can't print 1 or 2 shirts of each of your designs and do all the color changes. When you had 2 designs and 48-60 shirts per order, it was good. Now I no longer profit from your 12 pc orders so you're going to have get a minimum of 6 shirts per design, sorry but I don't care if your customers have to wait another week for their shirts, I can't print this few anymore.. well I'll have to think about that John...

As the day moves on I was making some normal and cold calls. I just got off the phone with a customer about an hour ago.. we speak for a few mins where I tell her what I can do and how long I've been doing it. We talk about shirts and artwork.. my 9 month old daughter wakes up from her nap, and not instantly seeing me.. goes into her shrill wake the dead cry.

"is that a baby I hear crying?.." yes, I'm a home based printer so I can stay home with my kids.. "I'm sorry, we only deal with professionals.." Click!

I've yet to pick up the call sheet after that one.. it shook my foundation pretty good.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2011, 09:08:37 PM »
I've had an overwhelming, positive response for being home based. There have been three folks who turned around and never came to the door when they saw the building, and another three or four who I don't think even made it that far, but geez, put in perspective, six or seven prejudiced jerks in 23 years is pretty damn good!

Then there are about the same number of folks scared of dogs who refused to come in (even though the dogs have always been behind a gate.) That would have been the case in any building.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2011, 06:59:25 AM »
A few weeks ago I was cleaning our I-Screen and touched the capacitors with my forearm. Threw me against the wall . Won't make that mistake again lol.