Author Topic: file open help AGAIN PLEASE  (Read 4868 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
file open help AGAIN PLEASE
« on: January 07, 2016, 02:42:20 PM »
Hi Gang,
same old problem, file reports as corrupt or just crasahes my Corel 12 & 14 on all 4 computers.
I am really getting tired of this crap. Why it happens some times and not others is beyond my skills and patience level.
Thanks in advance
moose=pissed off = man
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: file open help AGAIN PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 02:46:58 PM »
Unfortunately not much of it is vector. Let me know if you need a different format. PDF was the smallest file size

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 02:51:50 PM »
Hi Gang,
same old problem, file reports as corrupt or just crasahes my Corel 12 & 14 on all 4 computers.
I am really getting tired of this crap. Why it happens some times and not others is beyond my skills and patience level.
Thanks in advance
moose=pissed off = man

Sounds like you may have it from Integrity, but it opened in X6, but with a missing font.
I did make a cdr v12 of how it opened, along with screenshots of how it should look and the missing font message if you want 'em.

many folks think that converting a file to pdf is the cure-all since they see it open so nicely in Reader.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 03:13:17 PM »
I bought illy just for times like this. It is the only thing I use it for.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 04:21:57 PM by Prosperi-Tees »

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 04:52:01 PM »
Here is the file run through Vector Magic. 
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 08:05:44 PM »
Frog, Prosp, & King,
Thanks guys for your endless support. I have no idea why 50% of the PDF files I get crash my Corel programs but without you guyz my a$$ would be dead meat.
Thanks for keeping the moose alive youz is da bestas.................
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 08:24:59 PM »
Frog, Prosp, & King,
Thanks guys for your endless support. I have no idea why 50% of the PDF files I get crash my Corel programs but without you guyz my a$$ would be dead meat.
Thanks for keeping the moose alive youz is da bestas.................
mooseman
Each version update of CorelDRAW seems to play better and better with Adobe crap, but don't forget that it's Adobe's job (along with our budding designers) to keep us on our toes and scratching our heads!

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 11:01:05 PM »
As was mentioned, it's part vector and part bitmap, but this could offer some ideas why it's a problem to open.

Geez, I just noticed along with everything else, it's got freak'n power clips in it too, lololol.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 11:09:12 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 12:57:12 PM »
If it happens that much, maybe a copy of Illustrator isn't a bad idea. I'm a Mac guy using Illy, and that doesn't happen; I imagine it would be the same on the PC side...

Steve

not a Mac/PC argument by any means... ;D
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, 12:59:49 PM »
If it happens that much, maybe a copy of Illustrator isn't a bad idea. I'm a Mac guy using Illy, and that doesn't happen; I imagine it would be the same on the PC side...

Steve

not a Mac/PC argument by any means... ;D

Nope, much more the other one, Adobe vs. Corel  ;)

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 06:16:46 PM »
This is just a really crappy file from a custy.

I opened it up in Illy, which I never use, and it's the same garbage as what opened in Corel.

I'd have to do the same thing Kingscreen did and just flatten it and run thru Inkscape or VectorMagic to get a usable image.

Just saying
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 09:29:46 PM »
You can always "place" a pdf directly into illustrator. Then flatten transparency to outline any fonts you don't have installed. That's what I did. Could have auto traced the raster parts too in illustrator but wasn't sure what moose wanted.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 10:33:29 PM »
I'm only curious, but how did/would you handle the freaky shading that was in the power clips?

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2016, 08:36:56 AM »
Screen, not sure if you are asking me or the gang. But for my part first what the hell is a power clip. Second this falls white on a black shirt, one color one spot. If you look at the art it is not very even or symmetrical in some spots and it will need some other fluff & stuff but that is about it. Power clips we don't need no stinkin' power clips ::)
Thanks for you energy
mooseman

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2016, 08:44:16 AM »
Screen, not sure if you are asking me or the gang. But for my part first what the hell is a power clip. Second this falls white on a black shirt, one color one spot. If you look at the art it is not very even or symmetrical in some spots and it will need some other fluff & stuff but that is about it. Power clips we don't need no stinkin' power clips ::)
Thanks for you energy
mooseman

Screen seemed to be asking the question to Integrity, comparing notes on tchnique.
As for "what is a PowerClip"?:
PowerClip effect
A way of arranging objects that lets you contain one object inside another.

PowerClip object
An object created by placing objects (contents objects) inside other objects (container objects). If the contents object is larger than the container object, the contents object is automatically cropped. Only the contents that fit inside the container object are visible.