Author Topic: Multiple Garment Styles  (Read 863 times)

Offline STAHLINMAN

Multiple Garment Styles
« on: January 06, 2016, 10:36:04 AM »
Hi All!  Big time noob to this board, but I have a question about something that has come up many times for me over the years.

MULTIPLE GARMENT STYLES!  I occasionally will have a wholesale customer who thinks that a shirt order should be a shopping adventure and will sell her client many multiple garment styles, colors, materials etc. 

This creates many problems as you can imagine.  Colors from one style don't show up on another.  Cotton based inks won't work on poly garments.  Heat tolerance... opacity...  the technical list goes on and on....

The real problem for me is profitability.  Are there any tips out there from those of you who have experienced this?
Is there a pricing structure that works?  Has anyone solved this dilemma?

MS

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Multiple Garment Styles
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 10:59:54 AM »
the best way we've found, is either by limiting your customers choice by telling them any additional garments over x styles is y price, or just by marking it up a ton, and explaining they'd be saving money if they went with one style. Either way results in you getting paid for the time it takes to deal with that dumb stuff.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Multiple Garment Styles
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 11:31:44 AM »
Yep, bottom line, one way or another, you need to determine what mark-up is needed to make the profit needed.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?