Author Topic: Tee Spring  (Read 6975 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Tee Spring
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 01:27:49 PM »
I don't see much in common with pickup trucks and custom tees but I see your point :)

someone has a ford..LOL

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 01:44:21 PM »
Right now the largest problem is missed Christmas deliveries

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 01:53:50 PM »
Sounds like they offered a certain level of performance before having any idea what, in fact, they could actually deliver. Wishful thinking? Visions of grandeur?
I just really hope that this wasn't some sort of planned failure in which only the investors, suppliers, and employees suffer, while the execs do fine.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 01:58:08 PM »
What irks me was the boasting of buying 100 presses and making college kids rich by designing/selling tees on their laptop. They claim to have made many millionaires already

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2015, 02:04:47 PM »
Is this all backed by real data or just reading facebook pages/yelps? We can read yelps about members companies here and they look bad but they still seem to be doing just fine.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2015, 02:11:38 PM »
I don't see much in common with pickup trucks and custom tees but I see your point :)

someone has a ford..LOL

Never owned one personally and my parents have only had one since I was born.  From age 15 till now: Chevy, GMC, Toyota, Dodge, Toyota, Lexus, Chevy, Toyota, Lexus, Toyota and I think that's about it in the 20 years I've been driving.   
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2015, 02:17:35 PM »
Not really sure how teespring does it now vs how they did it before but Christmas is a beast. They probably took orders up until the point they thought they could finish everything (which was probably too long anyway) and then are relying on the post office to deliver. Which in December if it should take 5 days it takes 15 days by First Class. We've gotten burned doing that too. Have to upgrade everything to Priority or you can guarantee it's not going to make it. And for every bad post you see there were probably 10, 20, maybe 100 people that had a great experience.

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2015, 02:45:36 PM »
Both very long stories maybe over a beer one day

More like a Masters or PHD Thesis course of research.  So many things to learn from....
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2015, 02:46:10 PM »
Not really sure how teespring does it now vs how they did it before but Christmas is a beast. They probably took orders up until the point they thought they could finish everything (which was probably too long anyway) and then are relying on the post office to deliver. Which in December if it should take 5 days it takes 15 days by First Class. We've gotten burned doing that too. Have to upgrade everything to Priority or you can guarantee it's not going to make it. And for every bad post you see there were probably 10, 20, maybe 100 people that had a great experience.

But of course, these particular bad posts were from TSB "family", and I don't see the 200, 20, or even 10 good ones to offset them. I find the membership here to be a pretty balanced bunch who can establish a pretty good reference point.

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2015, 02:58:26 PM »

But of course, these particular bad posts were from TSB "family", and I don't see the 200, 20, or even 10 good ones to offset them. I find the membership here to be a pretty balanced bunch who can establish a pretty good reference point.

I was speaking to the original post, which seems to be referencing their Facebook page as far as "unhappy customers."

Not defending them on the point of ripping people off or letting others rip people off, very murky waters there...I also have no idea of their quality but as a few have pointed out most people are perfectly fine with the type of quality that members of the board wouldn't wipe their a$$ with.

They are not in the printing business, they are in the service business, and they have failed their customers at that, is the point.

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2015, 03:06:39 PM »
They claim to have made many millionaires already

So has FanDuel.   ;D
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2015, 03:10:24 PM »

So has FanDuel.   ;D

LOL at that. Not any more! Their $25 tournament only pays out like 200k to first now.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2015, 03:13:07 PM »

So has FanDuel.   ;D

It's a fact that slot machines make a lot of noise when folks win, but just play quietly when the many more lose. It's also a fact that the machines by the more foot-traveled-areas tend to make noise and pay off more often, though of course, overall, they still pay out less to winners than what they take in from losers.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2015, 05:43:09 PM »

So has FanDuel.   ;D

It's a fact that slot machines make a lot of noise when folks win, but just play quietly when the many more lose. It's also a fact that the machines by the more foot-traveled-areas tend to make noise and pay off more often, though of course, overall, they still pay out less to winners than what they take in from losers.

i won $35 bucks! Couldnt get it out because NY put a freeze on it.. now we can get in again for at least a month.

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2015, 07:11:31 PM »
I ran two successful campaigns on teespring about 2 years ago.  Then, someone created a knockoff campaign because I was working on a local deal to keep the production in Oregon since it was a Oregon based design.

I sold 100 shirts on each campaign, and then the one that was an exact copy cat sold over 1,000.  I contacted TeeSpring to get it shut down, or to allow my workplace to print the shirts.  They claimed that it didn't violate my rights, although their terms of service clearly stated otherwise.

That is my biggest gripe, they are ok with copy write infringement as long as the people involved don't have more money than them to pursue.  Other than that I think it is a great service, obviously the model works if they can't keep up with their orders.  The campaign that sold 1000 shirts got paid out like $4000 dollars, my two that sold 100 was around 2-300 each.

They make money, it is just a large business to manage, and a lot of the campaigns are small runs.  I think that everyone here has a much higher standard of quality than most typical end users, the shirt I ran looked great, but I have purchased another shirt that looked poor compared to the image online.

I wouldn't be as much as a hater of them if they didn't allow someone to rip me off.  At least I have since gone on to sell the shirts to a local distributor which has ordered many over the last couple years, so alls well that ends well.