Author Topic: Pallet tape bubbles  (Read 3728 times)

Offline Wildcard

• !!!
Re: Pallet tape bubbles
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 05:58:44 PM »
Yeah, for the most part it looks and feels like masking tape, except maybe a little smoother texture and of course in a wide roll.
I figure they are all pretty much the same but there is a chance that I have a tape with particularly low tack or something?

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 10:54:34 PM »
I get similar "bubbles" after the tape has been applied and I coated with waterbase tack and didn't print a job right away. If left over night its like the moisture in the tack or just humidity will make the tape come up in that kind of pattern. I just recoat with a thin 50/50 mix of tack (all my tack is cut 50/50} and then reflash. Never had a problem with the pallet tape creasing. It lays down nice and I am off and running.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2015, 02:51:11 PM »
Yeah, for the most part it looks and feels like masking tape, except maybe a little smoother texture and of course in a wide roll.
I figure they are all pretty much the same but there is a chance that I have a tape with particularly low tack or something?

They do make low-tack (and high tack) versions.

Another thing we do is once you have the paper applied and cut, use the roll
as a sort of rolling pin on the pallet.

Offline Wildcard

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2015, 07:48:48 AM »
It seems that the overarching solution to this particular issue is not one involving any tricky science of expansion rates of different materials or anything like that, but rather the simple one: learn to apply the stuff better dumbass.
Re-application will scheduled for right after the Christmas break as punishment.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2015, 11:08:18 AM »
This. First learn to apply evenly as possible. Then, using the roll, start in the middle. Push forward, then back towards you. Tiny bubbles may be popped with a razor.