Author Topic: hoodies everywhere! 7k pieces in the shop  (Read 4796 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
hoodies everywhere! 7k pieces in the shop
« on: November 11, 2015, 03:44:48 PM »
'got an order for 7k hoodies with a front and back print. Better part of a full truck. No problem getting them into the warehouse, but keeping the staging up with production is proving difficult. We are tying all the strings so they stay out of the print and the press guys are cruising at almost 900/hour so we had to bring FOUR ppl just to stage. Needles to say, HOODIES are EVERYWHERE!!!

even creeping into the office area. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: hoodies everywhere! 7k pieces in the shop
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 03:52:39 PM »
I see blue lint everywhere ;D have fun
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 03:53:18 PM »
sweet! I hope i do not get an order for royal bluee hoods coming up.

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 03:57:30 PM »
I just got done doing royal blue hoodies, nothing near 7k though.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 04:00:12 PM »
we've run hoodies at 900/hr before as well... it's kinda wild actually, as they can run faster than tshirts at times...

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 04:01:06 PM »
They do take up an awful lot of room, hope they aren't 12 oz. cross grains... that approaching 900 is super impressive though...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 04:10:34 PM »
They do take up an awful lot of room, hope they aren't 12 oz. cross grains... that approaching 900 is super impressive though...

Steve

7.8 and 9oz. we are netting about 550 per hour all day today. Guys are busting their behinds to make it out in time. We only had about 5 days from PO to delivery.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 04:13:23 PM »
we've run hoodies at 900/hr before as well... it's kinda wild actually, as they can run faster than tshirts at times...

there is a groove in the middle of the platen now from the fuzz that's building up around the zipper. The build up alone is almost enough to keep the material in place. I think we went through about 15 cans of web tack so far!

pierre

Offline Croft

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 04:25:21 PM »
put some goggly eye on your platens and it will look like the cookie monster  :o

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 04:41:05 PM »
put some goggly eye on your platens and it will look like the cookie monster  :o

like this?

pierre

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 05:31:27 PM »
wow, and here we are holding 600 crewnecks for a client, thinking we are over whelmed! that's awesome!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 06:38:40 PM »
What are you using for pallet adhesive?  We can't run hoodies (550-650/hr) near as fast as shirts (900-1000/hr) due to using web spray adhesive but if you guys have found a way to run them that fast then I'm all ears!!!
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 06:53:46 PM »
On large fleece jobs we position a "web spray technician" between loader and unloader.
It's an enviable position. Moreso than loader anyways, that much fleece gets tiring by the end
of the day.

More and more we're running the fashionable fleece that doesn't always require web tac.
Particularly with wb inks. Can't argue with that.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 08:00:21 PM »
laughing my ass off...been screen printing about 6 years and have not printed 7K pieces in total. :P
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 08:29:56 PM »
I hear ya Moose!

And I'm over here still waiting for my first 70 piece order.