Author Topic: Nike reflective leggings  (Read 1628 times)

Offline printeranonymous

• Verified/Junior
Nike reflective leggings
« on: October 17, 2015, 04:07:42 PM »
What kind of ink is on these leggings to make them so reflective? They look amazing! Does anyone know?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Nike reflective leggings
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 05:36:10 PM »
So folks know what you're talking about. Obviously some stretchy stuff.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 07:52:15 PM »
We use some ink from IC that looks like that, its a 2 part and really runny.  I would be willing to bet its something made exclusively for Nike.  I know for a FACT they have inks we CAN NOT get!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 08:02:11 PM »
I'm assuming it's a pvc free reflective. Like dirk said its most likely an ink most of us cannot get our hands on.
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline srabadan

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 05:25:03 PM »
We do a lot of printwork for Nike in Asia. Not sure if the stretch fabric is handled the same way but the tees we make there are done with an adhesive sheet that works like a foil application.

A water based glue is print/flash/printed through an open mesh 3 to 5 times. Then these pieces have the transfer sheets applied and are heat pressed much like foiling is done.

This produces a far superior effect than reflective ink because each glass bead falls correctly on the paper and is therefore in an optimal position to reflect maximum light when applied to the fabric.

These sheets are expensive even in China, the only thing we have found that MAY work similarly are transfer sheets from Optilux, we haven't tested them this way yet. Very cost prohibitive.

Best of luck.