Author Topic: Epson 4800 Error 0001001B  (Read 4804 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Epson 4800 Error 0001001B
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 09:18:32 PM »
Fuzzy prints can be related to the fuzz (dirt) on the print head and other stuff that touches it. Check the wiper blade and flushing section for strands and/or dried ink build up.

Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 09:50:28 PM »

printer #2 no errors, but prints "dirty", has trailing dots and "fur" around fine details that don't go away at any rip setting or for any amount of head cleaning.  Appears to me like signs of a bad head that I've seen before but I'm confused b/c this 4800 was cherry, bought local and very obviously well maintained so I can't figure what's going on there.  Is there some way to literally clean a print head, i.e., not pump massive fluid through but actually clean off the head to remove anything that could be on there?

You might have either nozzles that misfire or the platen  gap might be too much or not big enough.

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2015, 10:53:44 PM »
I just found this site dont know anything about price seem great. http://signprinthead.com for print head for 4800 and 4880. Cheap price, I just ordered parts for my 4800 and 4880 from sign-in-china.com ships fast price good. Didn't have to order head.

Shane
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 08:21:16 PM by cbjamel »

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2015, 09:19:49 AM »
I just found this site dont know anything about price seem great. for print head for 4800 and 4880, I just ordered parts for my 4800 and 4880 from sign-in-china.com ships fast price good.

Shane
Am I missing something? The head is $1k+

Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2015, 10:28:05 PM »
Trying to order some supplies from the china site but it's having some kind of server problem.  Nice collection of parts at good prices but I agree with Pierre on the printheads they are about at the going rate or higher. 

So I pulled our good head from the printer erroring out, installed in the printer with no errors but apparently bad head.   Working printer, yay.

What's weird is that, even though it's the exact printhead (and everything else like film, ink, etc. )we used prior, just in a new chassis, the output resolution has dropped.

We use to run AR at 2880x1400 and it was very crisp.  Trying to dial either AR or filmmaker back to where we were.

Accurip Black Pearl looks nowhere near as good at our exact settings on Accurip regular, or whatever the prior version is called.

FM at 2880x2880 gets us closest to where we were at prior, cleaner than AR black pearl is now.

Neither RIP is printing films as clean as we had prior though.  Very close, and likely good enough, but you can see the difference clearly in the highest detail areas of our test file which is driving me nuts.

It's the same printhead so I'm ruling that out, wondering if maybe the printer chassis is somehow involved?  Did run a head alignment.   Only thing I can think of is maybe AR was downgraded in terms of it's highest res setting, but that seems weird, the software is absolutely the same, just black, slightly different layout to the GUI.   The linearization is still there, not sure why that rumor started....

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2015, 11:56:47 PM »
I heard something about heads needing to be calibrated.

Pierre

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2015, 01:24:28 PM »
It's true ,the service recommendation after a head install is:

28.1 Perform Reset When Print Head Change

28.2 Perform the Print Head Slant Adjustment (CR)
28.3 Perform the Print Head Slant Adjustment (PF)
28.4 Perform the Auto Bi-D Adjustment

28.5 Perform the Auto Uni-D Adjustment

I have the adjwiz2 to do this but it won't install/recognize the printer for some reason....