Author Topic: Podcasts - Listen later  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Podcasts - Listen later
« on: October 07, 2015, 09:48:38 PM »
I'm a little behind the curve on this stuff. Do most podcast links take you to a site with this option nowadays?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline im_mcguire

• !!!
Re: Podcasts - Listen later
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 12:21:24 AM »
It all really depends what device you are listening from.

The iPhones have a podcast app that allow you to subscribe, and when a new episode is available, it pops up, to listen any time.

Android phones have similar apps. The best I found was "Podcast Addict". This one does the same thing as the iPhone, but it is made specifically for android.

Also, most podcasts are available through iTunes. And if you can't find it there, and you are able to download it, you can then save it to your computer, add it to iTunes, and then put it on your phone.

This is how I enjoy my podcasts. They are what get me through the day. I can only listen to so much Pink Floyd.

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 08:17:47 AM »
im on Android and i use Podcast addict -

it dosent really bring to a site external from the app.  it pulls the information from the published rss feed. 

here is a screenshot of the search/add podcast on my phone, there are several ways to look for podcasts that interest you.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 10:14:07 AM »
I'm looking specifically at the Two Regular Guys podcast tomorrow, and was initially thinking of my PC, perhaps downloading as MP3, and through a non-itunes program loading it on my iphone.

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 10:46:40 AM »
i did a search in podcast addict and it came right up

podcast addict can (confirmed on Android, unsure about iPhone, i dont have one) download episodes if you wanted it to.

download the episode onto the mobile device while on wifi, and play the downloaded episode whenever.

i do this when i know i will have a long drive somewhere, works really well.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 03:02:59 PM »
Okay, the suspense is over. I haven't messed with podcasts before.
Today, there was a 2 Regular Guys podcast about Transfer Papers  I wanted to hear but I was not going to be around.
I came back, a few hours later, after it was over, clicked the link, clicked a tab to download, and now, I can listen on the PC or transfer it like any MP3 to my iphone with Copytrans (the anti-itunes)

Easy-peasy!