Author Topic: Ranger Up clothing line  (Read 2620 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Ranger Up clothing line
« on: September 16, 2015, 09:32:21 AM »
One of the best I've seen in a very long time. May not always agree with the messages (mostly though) it is extremely well thought out. Mens and womens. Unfortunately they seem to be getting ripped off or altered versions on the "custom tee" type websites

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: Ranger Up clothing line
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 10:06:46 AM »
Just ordered the Nazarene with red imprint. I've followed them for a while now and all their off-shoots and friends' websites/videos.  They live a little bit too hard for my liking, but so did I for many years.   
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 02:04:08 PM »
I remember when they were a startup with 5 designs.

I know who printed their stuff for years.. looks like they got even bigger
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 02:18:30 PM »
I have never heard of these guys. Just shows there is a ton of brands out there doing well.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 05:46:44 PM »
I've been a huge fanboy of the SPEC-OPS communities for a while now trying to live vicariously through the websites, videos, books and articles and I found the Ranger Up guys through watching Mat Best's videos on Youtube.  mbest11x on youtube has some funny videos, but beware, most are rated R and do not portray the community as former boy scouts, but rather whiskey chugging, woman chasing, gun toting/shooting madmen.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 10:17:51 AM »
mbest11x on youtube has some funny videos, but beware, most are rated R and do not portray the community as former boy scouts, but rather whiskey chugging, woman chasing, gun toting/shooting madmen.

You say that like it is a BAD thing..... lol

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 10:18:48 AM »
I've been a huge fanboy of the SPEC-OPS communities for a while now trying to live vicariously through the websites, videos, books and articles and I found the Ranger Up guys through watching Mat Best's videos on Youtube.  mbest11x on youtube has some funny videos, but beware, most are rated R and do not portray the community as former boy scouts, but rather whiskey chugging, woman chasing, gun toting/shooting madmen.

You say that like it's a bad thing, LOL... so I get a message that someone else has replied, it's LarryK, and he beat me to it...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 03:12:42 PM »
That remark about those guys brought up so many bad images of the past I just had to write something... back in the late sixties to late seventies I would have been 3 out of 4 of those things on any given day and occasionally I would have been 4 for 4. Thank God for Bill W. 1979

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 04:37:43 PM »
"Guaranteed to offend your local hippie drum circle"   Outstanding! Let me pose a question; is it OK to wear this stuff if you didn't serve?

Steve

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 08:31:42 AM »
"Guaranteed to offend your local hippie drum circle"   Outstanding! Let me pose a question; is it OK to wear this stuff if you didn't serve?

Steve

Most of it is ok, but there are a few that don't really work if you didn't.  That's why I bought the one I did.  I didn't want anyone coming up to me and asking if I was in Afghanistan or Iraq and feel awkward that I never signed on that dotted line.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 11:54:31 AM »

Steve

Most of it is ok, but there are a few that don't really work if you didn't.  That's why I bought the one I did.  I didn't want anyone coming up to me and asking if I was in Afghanistan or Iraq and feel awkward that I never signed on that dotted line.

In the spirit of transparency, I didn't want to go to Viet Nam, but I'm a hemophiliac, so I'm automatically 4F. However, I have the highest respect for those that serve, and like yourself would not want to pretend I'm one of them (that would be pretty classless)... but anyway, really nice work there.

Steve

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 06:11:19 PM »

Steve

In the spirit of transparency, I didn't want to go to Viet Nam, but I'm a hemophiliac, so I'm automatically 4F. However, I have the highest respect for those that serve, and like yourself would not want to pretend I'm one of them (that would be pretty classless)... but anyway, really nice work there.

Steve

I had 2 seizures in high school and the first medical questionaire I filled out when I took the ASVAB I forgot to mention the seizure thing but at that time I didn't follow through with enlisting and decided to go to college.  Honestly I really did forget because it was not something I really thought about much and I remember leaving it off of many med questionaires over the years.  Then I graduated college in Dec of 2001 and at that time many guys my age, 22-23 years old, were ready to go kick some terrorist ACE, so I thought I might see what there was for me so I went and spoke with the Navy and Marine recruiters near campus and at that time I was WAY overweight and my blood pressure was not even close to passing the initial screening.  Those 2 hits along with my mentioning of the seizures (even though they had happened 8 and 9 years earlier) they told me I could seek waivers.  I couldn't believe how many guys and girls there were at the recruiter's offices, it was such an awesome memory of mine and I felt really good about things.   

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2015, 12:38:44 PM »
I like 7.62 designs.   Cuz I'm an illustration kinda guy.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850