Author Topic: Any ATV riders here?  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Any ATV riders here?
« on: August 30, 2015, 10:15:10 AM »
looking at buying a new ride this year, tossed between a few machines. Suzuki and Yamaha are on the top of my list at the moment, can't spring for the canned hamm. My buddy just bought a 2015 polaris 570, it's nice but, it's lacking a bit.. I looked at the new Honda's and the suspension is sub-par. I really like the Yamaha Kodiak at the moment for a sport utility type of machine...And then there's the King Quad...I gotta go test ride these and see which one feels right. anyone else ride through the mud?!
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Any ATV riders here?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 10:29:12 AM »
I used to ride sport quads...

nothing like floating on top of the mud going 70 or so... or roosting on top of the dunes.

Started with a Yamaha Banshee 350 for dune riding
then went to a Honda 400ex
then a Yamaha Raptor 660

Got out of the quads and went into Harleys... ;)

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 11:48:20 AM »
I used to ride through mud quite a bit.  I had a honda 600 rubicon and would get bogged down occasionally.  A buddy of mine had a suzuki quad and usually had to pull me out.  That suzuki was a beast and I don't think I ever seen him stuck.  It seems like the suzuki had 4 wheel independent suspension so atleast 1 wheel was grabbing something all the time.  That's been 13 years ago so I don't know how much they've changed but I would imagine the suzuki has got even better.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Alex M

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 12:48:40 PM »
I have a honda rincon and an older polaris 400. The polaris is ok for the moderate trails we have on our property... it can hall out a deer well... The honda performs much better over all and generally has enough power to get me out of anything. Only time I have been stuck with it was in some mud I should not have been messing with in the first place.
1994 polaris 400
2009 honda 680
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
Mobile: +1 630 220 6588
alex@easiway.com

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 04:15:38 PM »
You might look at Can-Am.