Author Topic: Tekmar TB-EZ and TB 500 spray applicator  (Read 1028 times)

Offline ScreenPrinter123

Tekmar TB-EZ and TB 500 spray applicator
« on: August 13, 2015, 10:19:52 AM »
Context:  We are a two man operation from top to bottom and have less setups and larger runs (90%of which are cotton basics tees) than the average shop so keeping the press spinning during few thousand piece orders is critical to our efficiency.  The main thing that stops us is scrubbing pallets and every other time adding more glue

So here are my questions about the TB-EZ and TB 500 sprayer as we currently use textac:

1)  Will the TB-EZ remain tacky longer than our textac?  It claims to have a long lasting tack.
2)  Using the fine mist of the TB 500 would we need to wipe/scrub pallets to remove lint before applying glue?  If we could just spray over without wiping this would save time.
3)  Anything else I should be aware of or consider?

$500 for the sprayer might slowly pay for itself in glue savings since the mist seems to use less than our current carding method but I mainly interested in this if it will allow us to print longer before stopping and/or make the process of "reviving pallet stickiness" quicker than it currently is.

Offline broadway

• !!!
Re: Tekmar TB-EZ and TB 500 spray applicator
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 10:59:03 AM »
I have had the TB500 for a month. I am a 1 man shop with 6C auto. It works great. The adhesive last a long, long time. Longer than my TEK BOND TBHV. Easy to apply and maintain. Very precise application. The mist does not get airborn like spray tacky and i have a fan directly on me. I only remove the big lint, strings before applying. I am 99% plastisol. I bought mine on Ebay for much less than $500.00, same company, different name. Check the ship from address, California , i think.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 11:28:26 AM »
I have had the TB500 for a month. I am a 1 man shop with 6C auto. It works great. The adhesive last a long, long time. Longer than my TEK BOND TBHV. Easy to apply and maintain. Very precise application. The mist does not get airborn like spray tacky and i have a fan directly on me. I only remove the big lint, strings before applying. I am 99% plastisol. I bought mine on Ebay for much less than $500.00, same company, different name. Check the ship from address, California , i think.

Any idea how many shirts you get before you need to reapply?  I am guessing 8 stations on your auto so I can calculate how many shirts per pallet for conversion to our auto.  No luck finding anything on ebay but thanks for the heads up.

Offline jvieira

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 11:41:08 AM »
We usually do about 200 shirts before we need to apply again. Most of the time it'll last even longer.

It's cleaner, healthier, faster, cheaper. There's no downsides to this in my opinion. It doesn't matter the cost, go for it!