Author Topic: Roller master issue  (Read 823 times)

Offline LoneWolf2

Roller master issue
« on: August 08, 2015, 05:58:44 PM »
Hey folks,
im having some racking issues with my roller frames and the roller master. Frames are coming out flat on the table, but when I go to expose them I'm having some pretty serious twist/racking of the frames for some reason, and I'm not really sure where to start to fix the problem. Any of yall ever had this problem?

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Roller master issue
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 06:06:46 PM »
is it possible that you have a mixture of newman frame styles and accidentally mixed some of them up?

There seems to be a few different styles

1. type that when you torque the bolts down, either the rod ends are tapered to add an extra 5N of force, or the corner pieces are tapered a few degrees.  (not sure if it's the rods or the corners)

a 2nd type that when you torque down nothing changes. 

not sure which one is older or newer, but I wonder if the wrong pieces were intermixed in the same frame if this could cause the behavior you're seeing?

The roller master could be holding everything 'solid' until removed, at which point it could 'spring' into whatever shape it wants.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 09:26:39 PM »
Check your bolts.  If the anti seize is cruddy or not there at all then get some C5-A anti-seize, brush on works best, and start pulling bolts, cleaning and re-applying the anti-seize.

How are you tightening bolts, with a decent click type torque wrench?  Double check the recommended torque value from Stretch Devices for your frame type and tension level.  There's kind of a range there.

Also, take a roller frame, loosen bolts, put it on your expo glass, tighten up (gently on the glass) and then bring that frame over to your roller master.  Adjust the back pad until that flat to glass frame is perfectly flat on the roller master.  Sometimes the two are just off from each other.

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 05:07:24 PM »
Make sure the roller master is leveled, a foot on one leg is adjustable for this. Open air supply valve fully. Go around and snug all eight bolts and then set the torque to the them.
Dale Hoyal