Author Topic: Mickey Mouse Moving of Posts  (Read 3806 times)

Offline theMadArtist

• Creativity Makes the Difference!
Mickey Mouse Moving of Posts
« on: July 21, 2015, 09:16:49 AM »
 :'(
Custom Art done FAST! And within your Budget...
theMadArtist.org
(253)652-4443

themadartist@live.com

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Mickey Mouse Moving of Posts
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 09:34:30 AM »
Not sure where you had your post but if it were moved it was in the wrong area. We keep our forum tidy so others can find what they are looking for and Frog is usually our 24 hr cop walking the beat. Also, If you were referring to me, I don't work for the mouse anymore.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 09:36:53 AM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 10:36:02 AM »
Yep, the Mouse had nothing to do with it, it was your friendly neighborhood Frog who moved your examples of art that you had done to the section where artists display art that they have done. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

You may notice that your art discussions are still in the art discussion section.

You may also note that we also do have a section for discussing the forum (and how it's run) as we are interested in what our members think, though ultimately, it's up to us to keep the place running smoothly.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline theMadArtist

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 12:22:51 PM »
Yep, the Mouse had nothing to do with it, it was your friendly neighborhood Frog who moved your examples of art that you had done to the section where artists display art that they have done. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

You may notice that your art discussions are still in the art discussion section.

You may also note that we also do have a section for discussing the forum (and how it's run) as we are interested in what our members think, though ultimately, it's up to us to keep the place running smoothly.

It's a NoBrainer that I was showing how concepts are developed into Finished Art, rather than just SHOWCASING! It's damned aggravating have things pulled and switched...like in religious forums!
theMadArtist.org
(253)652-4443

themadartist@live.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 12:30:32 PM »
Oh well, even when I clean the shop, some critters are unhappy with forced relocation. But, it's a job I have to call the shots and do.
For the most part, folks think we're doing a good job.
It is interesting though that the complaints we do get tend mostly to be from those new to the forum with few posts.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 01:29:00 PM »
The TSB is a moving experience.... ;)
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 05:03:29 PM »
Call me silly. 

But I would think someone that "might" be looking to drum up potential customers from the members might consider a bit of a softer approach to things. 

But then again, it's probably me just being silly.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 06:47:34 PM »
Screenxpress

You too Mr. Frog
Quote from: Reptilian guy with Warts
It is interesting though that the complaints we do get tend mostly to be from those new to the forum with few posts.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 07:42:28 PM »
I'ts just a horse of a different color. Same animal, he's just standing in a different place.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline theMadArtist

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 09:53:08 PM »
Screenxpress

You too Mr. Frog
Quote from: Reptilian guy with Warts

It cointenly is. Thought this section was about how we do ART.
My bad.
It should be entitled "general discussions about anything BUT art...."

theMadArtist.org
(253)652-4443

themadartist@live.com

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 11:21:14 PM »
I don't know about you (actually now I do know a bit...), but I wouldn't walk into an established group as a relative newcomer and in the first little while loudly and publicly complain that the group is not doing things as I would like. I'd either watch and listen and tailor my contributions to fit into the established group protocols or if they really didn't suit me I'd move on without fuss/drama and find a group that met my wants and likes.

That said I liked your posts and enjoyed seeing the beginning and end results of your artistic process. What forum Frog puts them in doesn't matter to me, I check out all new posts.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline theMadArtist

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 12:17:26 AM »
Loudly?
Put yourself in MY shoes: I take the time to actively find samples of ART to post and discuss in a section for AT DISCUSSION, resize it to fit- and they move it somewhere else.
Takes the enjoyment out of posting.
So I will just watch and type replies...IF anything interesting might be said.

Looks like this section had stagnated-and I see ONE reason why.
SHAME on me for pointing it out!

Maybe this is a Religious Forum in reality! (LEER!)
theMadArtist.org
(253)652-4443

themadartist@live.com

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 05:52:20 AM »
To be quite honest this place is sacred to a lot of us and I for one follow it Religiously. If you like to walk into another church, stand up and tell the pastor he's doing it all wrong...then this isn't the temple for you. Shalom.
Tees and Coffee

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 05:58:33 AM »
Loudly?
Put yourself in MY shoes: I take the time to actively find samples of ART to post and discuss in a section for AT DISCUSSION, resize it to fit- and they move it somewhere else.
Takes the enjoyment out of posting.
So I will just watch and type replies...IF anything interesting might be said.

Looks like this section had stagnated-and I see ONE reason why.
SHAME on me for pointing it out!

Maybe this is a Religious Forum in reality! (LEER!)

You know, I had something funny/abrasive to post here, but I deleted it out.  It's no the spirit of this forum.

That being said, you are promoting yourself here.  You might want to think about that when you can come off as hard to work with.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 06:43:41 AM by mk162 »

Offline Hey Monkey

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 08:12:09 AM »
Are you kidding me?! All this because the forum moderator/owner moved a post to the appropriate area? I thought I was wound pretty tight lately but yeesh. Look around and you will nothing but accepting people willing to share, help, converse, console and support. To Frog and all... I appreciate all the work you do to try and keep this running smooth, You can't please everyone. Especially those who are seeking to not be pleased.