Author Topic: Re-Mesh Timeframe  (Read 2073 times)

Offline Racer Tees

Re-Mesh Timeframe
« on: July 20, 2015, 04:57:49 PM »
Just curious how long it takes everyone to get re-meshes back from your screen guy?

It seems to take 3-4 weeks every time I have a dozen to get re-meshed.  I know I'm saving on shipping getting S-Mesh re-meshed local, but I'd be willing to pay more to have them more quickly.

Offline scott316

• !!!
Re: Re-Mesh Timeframe
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 07:34:59 PM »
Just curious how long it takes everyone to get re-meshes back from your screen guy?

It seems to take 3-4 weeks every time I have a dozen to get re-meshed.  I know I'm saving on shipping getting S-Mesh re-meshed local, but I'd be willing to pay more to have them more quickly.

We are slammed on re-stretches, but our turn around time on most orders are 5-7 days.
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 09:03:31 PM »
We at Xenon are usually 3 days in house
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 03:08:06 AM »
The guys at Murakami come by and pick them up on a wednesday and drop them off again the following wednesday. Regardless if it is 5 or 50 frames.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 07:56:51 AM »
you might consider doing your own? Obviously, you would need to find a stretcher, but it is an option, though I agree it's probably easier to let someone else do it for you.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 08:09:52 AM »
apparently stretching S-mesh on static frames is quite challenging... especially if you want it to be high(er) tension.
doing those in house could be quite scarey.

Just get some roller frames and shurloc panels and be done with it...

the higher tensions you can get with them definitely helps too.

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 09:17:54 AM »
you might consider doing your own? Obviously, you would need to find a stretcher, but it is an option, though I agree it's probably easier to let someone else do it for you.

Steve
Problem with that is removing glue, etc and getting a smooth, flat surface for re-stretching. Also remember that laquer based adhesive takes longer than cyanoacrylate

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 10:49:26 AM »
       cyanoacrylate

Dam Tpep I had to look that word up ;D :'(

D
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 11:25:18 AM »
Locktite ;)

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 11:38:34 AM »
Jason is right about Shurloc panels and S Mesh.  It is the fastest way to restretch and also the safest.  If you are doing your own stretching onto static frames I recommend your stretcher have a lifting table so that the mesh doesn't drag over the frame edges, instead the table raises the frames to the mesh. We sell stretchers for those who want to shorten the wait time or fine tune their own system.

Alan
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 11:48:28 AM »

Steve
Problem with that is removing glue, etc and getting a smooth, flat surface for re-stretching. Also remember that laquer based adhesive takes longer than cyanoacrylate

I've stretched so many screens over the years, starting with wood frames and staples, that it's second nature, but since time is so important, we've really been liking the easy frames from Shurloc. My screen guy is old time, but reluctantly sees their value as well.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Racer Tees

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 08:17:07 PM »
I've been battling myself on this here lately.  Get some statics or go shurloc panels and rollers.  Honestly not sure what would be best right now.  And if I were to go roller, I really don't even know what frame would be best.  All I know is statics.