Author Topic: Got called in to work on a server and I bought a house.  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Got called in to work on a server and I bought a house.
« on: May 14, 2015, 09:58:38 PM »
One of the guys at the office had been talking about selling his house and I've told him not to.  Excellent location, awesome everything.

So he finally tells me what he's selling it for.

I call him back after he leaves to show it to some ppl and tell him, don't sell it to them, I'll buy it.  He's like, but you haven't seen it? I said, will I really see anything that will make me think it's not worth what you are asking for?  He makes us go look at it and we of course say yes... Just have to get the bank on board now. ;)

Offline Audifox

Re: Got called in to work on a server and I bought a house.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 02:00:07 PM »
I suppose that's one way of getting more office space.... :P

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 02:08:08 PM »
I though your subject line might mean something like I flew out to Western Kansas to look at a bull I wanted, but I "bought the farm" instead.

This is much, much better!!

Congrats!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 03:49:20 PM »
Unfortunately it is falling through.

The other ppl that looked at it are no dummies.  They went back and said they have cash in hand.

Probably really means they have hard money lender waiting in wing where as I have to sit down with banker and get things in order.

He doesn't want to chance it, though someone else would gladly pay him 20% more tomorrow if we both were to fall out.

Bird in hand is better than two in the bush and in my situation, I'm still just another single bird in the bush.  I don't blame the guy but man it's depressing and infuriating.  That property has no place else to go but WAY up in value and it's slipping through my fingers. :(

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 04:45:44 PM »
Move to the Bay Area, then we'll talk about infuriating real estate situations.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 12:19:12 PM »
We are still in talks... But basically the other guys have till Tuesday or if the add any contingencies then he's calling me.

Even offered more money.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 12:36:17 PM »
Unfortunately it is falling through.

The other ppl that looked at it are no dummies.  They went back and said they have cash in hand.

Probably really means they have hard money lender waiting in wing where as I have to sit down with banker and get things in order.

He doesn't want to chance it, though someone else would gladly pay him 20% more tomorrow if we both were to fall out.

Bird in hand is better than two in the bush and in my situation, I'm still just another single bird in the bush.  I don't blame the guy but man it's depressing and infuriating.  That property has no place else to go but WAY up in value and it's slipping through my fingers. :(

No matter what they push at 2 in the morning on cable, it does help to be able to afford to buy that home, with actual money.
And, more and more folks are doing it. Here's some stuff from last year, and the numbers are only going up.
http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/08/real_estate/cash-home-sales/
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 05:49:26 PM »
I had no idea there were THAT many people who could swing a cash purchase of that size!