Author Topic: Good laugh for today  (Read 4526 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Good laugh for today
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 09:04:40 PM »
It was 5th grade. every day, someone small was being attacked and forced into Tanks Army. An army made up of country kids in middle school. Abducted on the playground to be humiliated and bullied by the upper ranks. These poor kids were repeatedly tossed around and occasionally, injured pretty hard. Everyone knew to avoid that area. Tank was  the leader. A short guy but very robust and very angry. The rest of them were mostly 7th and 8th graders from years gone by that were abducted themselves and raised up in the army by Tank, who's now an 8th grader. I being new in the school avoided this area of the playground.

One rainy day, I had on my new silk shirt like John Travolta. First time I wore it. I was cool sporting my new silk shirt. Beebopp'n around the playground trying to impress the girls. Little did I know, I had wondered too far over. Out of the blue, I was surrounded and suddenly facing off with a 7th grader. Not a huge guy, but tall and thin.  I was tall for my age but still a good 6" under this guy. I was in 5th and he is 7th. I of course didn't want to go at it, so I tried to avoid and turn. Swoosh! Bam! Fwack! I didn't know what happened but the next thing I knew, I was laying in the mud with my new silk shirt ripped and buttons were gone.

I remember it vividly as if it were yesterday. My left hand began to clench the mud and I found my new shirt torn. My face turned red with anger and I raised up out of the mudd, squared off with this guy and began to take the next swing. Actually they were jabs straight to the nose. POP. POP. POP POP. Nose was broken but he was still standing. Swaying back and forth, but still on his feet. I have this part of me that feels the need to continue till there is no more threat. So, my intentions were to keep going till I would see him to fall. That's when I feel I'm safe. POP POP. About mid way thru this, I looked around and had that audience. You know the group that comes around to watch and egg you on. Half the school was there by now. I did't know where it came from, but it was happening.

[/size]POP. POP.  He musta took about 15 punches before the end of the lunch bell rang and the principal was headed our way. He nabbed both of us. He knew the Army rep and it's member. I was quietly let back to class and thus began my new found status. Life was good in middle school after that. Nobody ever bothered me, but the army still stayed until Tank retired to High School. I never actually squared off with Tank. It might have been the mutha of all battles. Who knows?

That guy I did fight, I met in high school a few years later and he stopped me to asked me if I were a boxer. Nope. Just a kid that worked hard to buy that shirt myself. We didn't have much money back then and I was always a bit embarrassed of my clothes. So it ticked me off enough to snap. I had always been considered that tough guy in middle school and it followed me into High School, but in truth, I probably would have gotten my butt kicked by half those kids but nobody ever knew it. LOL. It's our secret. ;)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850