Author Topic: Robots in the workplace...  (Read 1818 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Robots in the workplace...
« on: March 19, 2015, 03:23:23 PM »
I was reading an article talking about co-bots.  Robots that can work next to people on the floor rather than behind safety cages.  It brings up an interesting point that we might not be that far off from robots having a place in screen print shops.  The pricetag of one of these bots is $29,000

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ed7be188-cd50-11e4-a15a-00144feab7de.html#axzz3UrQYnjet

That really isn't a huge investment.  No reason why these can't flip burgers or assemble sandwiches...and at that price is a years wages for a $15 employee.  No reason why future models can't handle loading or unloading an auto.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Robots in the workplace...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 09:03:21 PM »
I read/heard (probably on this board) that a screen printing machine manufacturer is building a robot operated print shop.

Offline gtmfg

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 10:31:32 PM »
Man, I buy a 29K robot to fold hoods in a heartbeat. No more temp employees! Sweet

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 02:08:30 PM »
pretty impressive technology. I just spent an hour checking it out. 'not very likely to be usable here at the shop, but it is worth keeping an eye out!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 03:59:02 PM »
Here is one of my clients, you will see these on college campuses, large warehouses, shipping docks in the very near future. the little lookout weighs over 300# and has piercing shrill siren that will drop you your knees if your try to tip it over.

http://knightscope.com/about.html
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.