Author Topic: Greaves On Garments at Mind's Eye- SAVE THE DATE  (Read 30209 times)

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
Re: Greaves On Garments at Mind's Eye- SAVE THE DATE
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2015, 11:35:46 AM »
anybody up for a little parking lot swap meet?

I can bring with:

- 23x33 newman M3 frame in great shape
- 23x31 MZX frame (with no anodizing) in good shape
- a newman ST-1E tension meter, that needs to be calibrated.

Swap Shop idea works for me, see you soon.

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline GKitson

« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2015, 11:42:54 AM »
Hey Greaves On Garments Workshop at Mind's Eye Graphics in Decatur, IN.

Started cleaning the classroom area this morning, place smells like a pine forest.

Look at the attached picture, this workshop is more about the food than the screen printing stuff.

Time to start coordinating carpools, those of you who are flying in please post your anticipated arrival airport and times so you can save a few bucks and gain quality time during the drive to Decatur.

Richard has been digging through the archives for photos, samples & articles to share.

Still got a few seats left for those of you who are waiting till the last minute to determine if the shop will survive without you.

See ya soon,

~Kitson
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 12:00:27 PM by GKitson »
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2015, 12:50:25 PM »
I'll be driving down from the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago (Crystal Lake) on Thursday afternoon, returning on Sunday morning... I'll likely be driving my truck, so I have room for 1 if someone wants to ride along.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2015, 02:07:23 PM »
Leaving Cleveland area around 3-4 pm on Thursday.
Need to leave MEG around noon or 1 PM at the latest on Saturday.

Open to drive or be driven from Cleveland and back. I can pick up anyone on Airport if needed.

Offline GKitson

« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2015, 07:26:25 AM »
Classroom is being set-up today for the Greaves on Garments Workshop at Minds Eye May 1-2, 2015.

WI-FI for everybody and electrical outlets at each table, bring your laptops, tablets and smart phones. 

If you have a testing device, meter, loupe, linen tester, microscope or two rocks connected with a string you use to measure, calibrate, or observe bring them along for the Q&A discussion.

If anybody has a special accessibility or dietary requirement please contact me via PM so we can accommodate.  AND before Alex asks, attention span does not qualify in my book, room to wander aimlessly about is already provided.  Richard will be presenting with the aid of a 55 inch HD monitor so visual problems get first chance at the front row.

Looking forward to a great event, see you soon.

~Kitson

Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2015, 08:54:13 AM »
Flying into Ft Wayne on Thursday the 30th at 2:30PM.  Flying out on Sunday at 7:30AM.

Will more than likely be renting a car due to the early departure on Sunday, so if anyone needs a lift to/from the airport shoot me a PM.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline GKitson

« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2015, 09:42:50 AM »
A little FYI about Thursday evening before the G on G  Workshop at MEG.

Please arrive at MEG no earlier than 5 PM on Thursday afternoon out of consideration to Richard and the MEG staff as we do final prep for the workshop.

Pizza, munchies, & soft drinks will be delivered at 6 PM with meet & greet networking continuing until 9 PM.  For those who choose to continue after 9 PM various local watering holes would love to have you visit them.

Poker has been mentioned as a way of passing the time together and space will be provided.

Looking forward to your visit,

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline RichardGreaves

• Verified/Junior
  • How are you measuring?
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2015, 08:51:52 AM »
Everyone that's coming is hoping for something.  So far, only Blue Moon Pierre and Maxie Garb from Israel have contacted me to ensure I'm prepared to help with their problems.

I told Maxie not to come - because he thought it was going to be a hands-on Workshop. Yes, there will be demos, but the focus isn't hands on training, but to stimulate you with my insights about "Invisible Science", lessons learned, the importance of statistics and measuring.

Of course, nobody knows what they don't know, but you all had problems or limitations in the last month that you didn't know how to overcome. Tell  me ahead of time so I can be prepared.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:33:34 AM by RichardGreaves »
Screen printing since 1979 - SGIA Academy Member
ex Stretch Devices General Manager ex Lawson Supply Director
ex Screen Printing columnist 1985-1995  ex Printwear Technical Editor 1995-1999
retired Ulano Technical Product Manager
Wyandotte, MI  646-807-8580 rgreaves@gmail.com

Offline GKitson

« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2015, 09:16:25 AM »
Just talked with the Baymont Inn in Decatur and they are releasing the last rooms we have saved for the Greaves On Garments at Mind's Eye Workshop May 1-2, 2015 at the end of business today.

If you have not reserved your room and need one after today the special rate is going away and the hotel looks like it will be filled up with our and another event.

BTW The caterer for our BBQ just won Best of in the Indiana State BBQ event, check them out...

https://www.facebook.com/manley.meats.9?fref=ts

WE HAVE LOTS OF WET WIPES!.

See you on Thursday night,

~Kitson
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 02:01:34 PM by GKitson »
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline GKitson

« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2015, 02:03:22 PM »
Greaves on Garments at Mind's Eye May 1-2 in Decatur, IN.

Attached you will find the most current agenda for our event.

See you soon!

~Kitson

Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline GKitson

« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2015, 11:47:44 AM »
Doing our final prep work for the Greaves On Garments workshop at Mind's Eye in Decatur IN May 1-2,

See the attached test photo of the Certificate of Completion, suitable for framing, that each participant will receive, we will photograph each participant with Richard and provide the photo to each for publicity purposes.

See you soon,

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2015, 04:23:47 PM »
Wow Mark! I must of been REALLY drinking last time we were hanging out, I remember you looking a little more masculine...  :P
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline GKitson

« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2015, 05:57:14 PM »
Apparently the photo had adequate resolution to allow a bit of enlargement to be able to read the certificate.

I'm sitting in the training room right now trying to think of what I've forgotten and at the moment it looks like we are ready to go for the Greaves Workshop.

Richard should arrive shortly and we are going to grab a leisurely bite to eat prior to the non-stop workshop activity we have planned for the next 3 days.

Best to all, travel safe my friends, looks like Indiana is going to show off some amazing spring weather while you are here this weekend.

Later,

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline GKitson

« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2015, 04:52:13 PM »
And it begins, the pizza party is starting for Greaves on Garments at Mind's Eye.

Can't wait!

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline GKitson

« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2015, 06:00:44 AM »
WOW, what a great start, I had to turn the lights out last night at 10 PM to get people to stop talking and leave the Greaves On Garments workshop at Mind's Eye!

Networking, getting to know each other, WOW, did I say that already. 

EVERYBODY participating with little huddles of conversation all over Mind's Eye as we contrasted & compared stuff, and this was during the meet & greet.

Can't wait for Richard to throw out his little hand grenades of info, and he already busted me for 3 things which I know I should be doing different,

An open mind and willingness to question everything including how you pull your underwear on in the morning is going to be the rules of engagement today. 

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050