Author Topic: Clip Art Express  (Read 1823 times)

Offline dlac

Clip Art Express
« on: February 17, 2015, 09:34:01 AM »
Short runs, transfers, very little art cost, no screen charge, What do you want.. CLIP ART...try and not make it look like something 50 other people have done.. Just keep on drawing...oops, keep on clipping..
dlac
Rastor to Vector is my favorite.. disastor is my
specialty and Dots make me crazy...

Offline lemorris

Re: Clip Art Express
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 09:19:31 AM »
nothin wrong with that.

I'd pick up a couple of X's cars and just have them on hand just in case.  http://www.car-clip-art.com/

:)

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 09:44:30 AM »
I wish it weren't so, but about 95% of our printing work...that isn't brought in by the custy... probably has some clip art included. And I'll bet half of the other 5% is text only. Embroidery, not so much.

That's just a guess, but I'll try to take notice.

Without clip art, we'd probably be in the soup line. (Likely with some other screenprinters!)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 10:53:42 AM »
We have an in-house artist full time, and create most of our own work, and have extensive clip-art collections. The truth for us is that it's often faster to create than to browse clip art. On the other hand, when a customer send a jpeg of a spartan they saw online, very ofter those images come from one of the big houses, like Shutterstock.com. I'll pre pay $50 and for that I get 5 vector images, when I feel like downloading them. Top quality too. However, I had Dave do a job for me I think last year when we were crammed, and I was happy with it, very reasonable, and the customer has placed 3 orders already...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 01:47:04 PM »
I'm at the point where I hate to draw anything, so I like buying clipart and redrawing it to fit what I need so yep we'd be in the soup line too if we depended on me custom drawing a lot LOL, still good to have people on here to go to.

Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline dlac

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 04:11:45 PM »
Don't ever worry about sending any art my way.. We have like 2 boxes of Cherios and a Special K.. looking a little sparse on milk though so alway looking for that next job..
Rastor to Vector is my favorite.. disastor is my
specialty and Dots make me crazy...