Author Topic: If You Like AIRPLANES (And Skilled Hands) Take 3 or 4 Minutes To Enjoy This!  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
I hope this brings a smile to your face. 

Wichita is still often called the Air Capital of the World. Not factually sure about that anymore, but if you dig planes like I do, you might like to see what started here and continued for 8 decades.  Wichitans are sad Boeing proper has pulled out of our city, but Spirit is still their major supplier--and I *think* they build some Airbus parts here as well. Cessna, Beechcraft, and LearJet are still here too, but I heard a rumor JUST TODAY, that Lear is for sale. Again...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/SE71NJl-naY?autoplay=3D1=0D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 06:07:28 PM by Itsa Little CrOoked »

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
I have My airframe and powerplant FAA License so this is cool to see.

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
COOL!  An A&P/Printer!

My son in RURAL Oklahoma wants to become a pilot. And a father soon! His sweet wife of 11 months is due in July, and I'll finally be a grandpa!

His farm is close by a local A&P/Farmer who has offered discounted "annuals" to him if he can score a plane and a license. He dreams of flying and could easily put a Grass Strip on some of our wheat ground. The tiny local farming community is all abuzz having a young neighbor couple farming and actually living in their midst, so that's why the A&P has offered his services. And this baby is gonna be waaaaaay spoiled! (properly pronounced "spoilt" by folks in two states. His missus is a kindergarten teacher just across the state line in Kansas.)

I always wanted to build a Rutan Long EZ.  A good friend of mine built lots of homebuilt parts for the Jim Bede 4 place while he worked for Bede, which was based out of Newton, KS. He also built a completed plane or two but I don't know which. Bede built a nice metal building for him way down on the farm, which my friend soon owned after one of the (several) Bede bankrutpcy filings. For several years, my friend flew himself semi-daily to work in Newton, a 200 mile trip by whatever "ride" he happened to have at the time. Even in a CUB, that would be fun...except flying through Mid Continent air traffic.

Glad you got a kick out of the video! I sure did.

So do you you still actively do work in the aircraft field?

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
I have My airframe and powerplant FAA License so this is cool to see.

uhh Rob, WTF are you doing printing shirts then?

It amazes me that some jack wagon gives that a thumbs down...amazing video
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline GaryG

• !!!
Probably a guy that built the process and got fed up with mgt not giving a raise.  :o

Great video on plane-

For those of us who are grounded, seen this the other day

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/02/10/miniature-w-32-engine-is-mind-blowing/?intcmp=HPBucket&intcmp=features

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Homer - I graduated in 1992..the cold war with russia ended and the govt contracts dried up. alot of layoffs so whatever jobs were out there were scooped up with workers with experience. I had none. I even tried to volunteer and companies said no because of the insurance.

So i started bartending.. and decided i was having too good of a time bartending and never looked for jobs..LOL

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Probably a guy that built the process and got fed up with mgt not giving a raise.  :o

Great video on plane-

For those of us who are grounded, seen this the other day

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/02/10/miniature-w-32-engine-is-mind-blowing/?intcmp=HPBucket&intcmp=features

Fantastic video! Thanks for the link!

I've already sent this video to a semi retired Boeing engineer who plays french horn in my Church Orchestra. He's playing a solo with orchestra accompaniment on the Feb 22nd Worship Service. He turns 80 then next day. He's the one that sent me the link in the original post.