Author Topic: CCI U-Base white  (Read 3539 times)

Offline Croft

CCI U-Base white
« on: January 23, 2015, 03:53:53 PM »
Picked up a sample of this at the LB show and have tried a couple of samples, it worked well. Basically an under base discharge white ( more cream looking) that you can put plastisol over.
 Is anyone out there using this on a regular base's and what are the shirts looking like longterm , I washed my sample 5-6 times with no change.
Any problems?

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: CCI U-Base white
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 04:03:26 PM »
All it is, is a mix of D-base and D-White. I believe an 80/20 mix
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 04:13:24 PM »
Picked up a sample of this at the LB show and have tried a couple of samples, it worked well. Basically an under base discharge white ( more cream looking) that you can put plastisol over.
 Is anyone out there using this on a regular base's and what are the shirts looking like longterm , I washed my sample 5-6 times with no change.
Any problems?

We use it on a regular basis with great success. Especially on larger coverage on dark garments, it make all the difference with print hand.

Not true, according to Gary Fox.  However, we were using an 80/20 mix before they came out with their UB product with similar results.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 05:19:59 PM »
So why stock this if you already have D-base/white on hand?  What's different in the u-base?

Offline CSPGarrett

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 08:10:10 PM »
Is it the same as the Atlas ready charge?
Real Quality Merchandising.  - Printing & Fulfillment Services.  Contract DTG & Screen Printing. www.customshirtprints.com

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 08:12:21 PM »

Not true, according to Gary Fox.  However, we were using an 80/20 mix before they came out with their UB product with similar results.

Really? I thought it was just a mix of the two?
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 09:54:25 PM »
Is it the same as the Atlas ready charge?

I don't know about Atlas, but I do know that all Ryonet discharge products are just relabeled CCI.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline CSPGarrett

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 09:57:24 PM »
Atlas is a large CCI seller so their new ReadyCharge could be just that.  They have a underlay white, bright white, and natural.

I have a few samples at the Maryland shop, just haven't had time to really try.
Real Quality Merchandising.  - Printing & Fulfillment Services.  Contract DTG & Screen Printing. www.customshirtprints.com

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 09:01:18 AM »
CSPGarrett- did you mean Atlas is a big ICC seller, not CCI? Dave their "VP" who came to them maybe a year ago, came from his job at ICC, and they do push that. Unless something has changed in the last month or so, they don't sell any CCI products.

That ReadyCharge they sell is from a company called Simplestics(or something like that, probably with better spelling ;) ) it made its way around the boards a while ago when Spot Color Supply had some samples for testing.

On the original topic, I guess I was under the impression it was a 80/20 mix as well....
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline CSPGarrett

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 04:08:38 PM »
CSPGarrett- did you mean Atlas is a big ICC seller, not CCI? Dave their "VP" who came to them maybe a year ago, came from his job at ICC, and they do push that. Unless something has changed in the last month or so, they don't sell any CCI products.

That ReadyCharge they sell is from a company called Simplestics(or something like that, probably with better spelling ;) ) it made its way around the boards a while ago when Spot Color Supply had some samples for testing.

On the original topic, I guess I was under the impression it was a 80/20 mix as well....

Yes I meant ICC.  Not to steal the thread but did anyone like the samples when Spot Color sent them out? 

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 04:11:29 PM »

Yes I meant ICC.  Not to steal the thread but did anyone like the samples when Spot Color sent them out?

Spot Color sent out samples long ago, from what Dave at Atlas says it has been re formulated. We covered this in a thread maybe a month or so ago, and I seem the general consensus was - "meh..." Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong, or you can look back also.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 04:46:06 PM »
Simplex. It was activatorless but made a coffee colored base which was indeed meh