Author Topic: What products attack the glue on static Frames  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
What products attack the glue on static Frames
« on: September 08, 2011, 02:54:36 PM »
I have been having a lot of screens coming unglued. I think it is the GR-70 from CCI? Anyone else having this happen? I have lost 4 screens in the last 2 weeks. I think it maybe the screens since they have all been from the same company.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: What products attack the glue on static Frames
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 03:12:53 PM »
How old are the screens?  I don't deal with statics anymore but I did for years, and sometimes they just go for no other reason than they were poorly made.  I've bought statics from a dozen different places and they all had varying degrees of quality and longevity purely based on who I bought them from.  I'm not saying the chemical isn't doing the damage, but rather giving you something else to go with in case it isn't.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 03:17:04 PM »
I remember seeing this spelled out on the CCI site for some products. Call the techs if you can't find the info on their sometimes bewildering site.

http://www.ccidom.com/
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 03:53:04 PM »
How old are the screens?  I don't deal with statics anymore but I did for years, and sometimes they just go for no other reason than they were poorly made.  I've bought statics from a dozen different places and they all had varying degrees of quality and longevity purely based on who I bought them from.  I'm not saying the chemical isn't doing the damage, but rather giving you something else to go with in case it isn't.

Alan,

I think your right ( I thought the same thing.) I have had these for maybe 3 months. I just recleaned 9 with just GR-70 (the guy i had come in did a not so good job) and then gegreesed them and when I came back to coat them 2 had popped. That’s why I think it may be the GR-70.

I will contact CCI and see what they know about it?

Thanks Jon

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 12:10:36 PM »
We had this happen to a lot of ours at one point. I was trying to figure it out for weeks and then it dawned on me. When we sent them back they were grinding the edge of the frame a new way that was not working well. Sent a ton back and they fixed the problem. Take a look at the frame where the mesh is glued on. I would ask your supplier if they started using a new glue or changed something.