Author Topic: Wanted: newman registration system  (Read 5222 times)

Offline Squeeky

• Verified/Junior
  • Ask and you shall receive
Wanted: newman registration system
« on: January 02, 2015, 07:04:28 PM »
Want to upgrade my home engineered registration system for my BWM/Hopkins manual press shop.  Looking for reg board, Newman pins, Screen pin bar, Press rig for my press.  Thanks for any leads.
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't...
you're right."

Henry Ford

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Wanted: newman registration system
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 11:50:27 PM »
I've posted these pics before, but here's my little DIY.  I resisted having registration pins (carryer sheets, etc) off the press and still having to do registrations on the press.

I made this one just by making an oversize platen to tape down a master blank registration grid.  Platen is about 1/2 inch narrower than the Newman.  The tube sits on the platen but the outside of the tube can bump the stop without falling off the platen.  The near side (front by me) lets the tube sit on the platen.

It serves dual purpose.  Barely (extremely barely) tape film on top of master grid and put a small (maybe 1 in long) piece of double sided tape on top and bottom.

Slide a screen into the 3 stops and press down.  Lift the film and screen up and take to exposure unit

Since the stops are on the press and the films should all be the same lineup, the exposed/ready screens should hit the same marks.  Just slide the exposed/washed screen back into the stops and clamp down the head.  Move in the next head in and do the same for all screens. 

Ends up with very little to no registration adjustment needed.  All kept in sync using the press.

And the nifty thing is I still have some 20x24 frames and with this setup, I can mix and match between my old frames and newmans since the 3 stops keep it all synced up.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 11:55:46 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Squeeky

• Verified/Junior
  • Ask and you shall receive
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 12:46:05 AM »
Thanks for the posting!
Your system is very similar to my current system.
I have a variety of screen sizes as well.  Works great on all.
Still trying to improve set up speed here.
Thanks again
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't...
you're right."

Henry Ford

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 09:17:11 AM »
Want to upgrade my home engineered registration system for my BWM/Hopkins manual press shop.  Looking for reg board, Newman pins, Screen pin bar, Press rig for my press.  Thanks for any leads.

Welcome to the boards, I've got a bunch of extra Newman Pin System stuff.    E-mail me with your contact info at greg@mindseyeg.com and we can discuss further,

Happy New Year,

Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics, Inc.
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 08:22:35 PM »

Welcome to the boards, I've got a bunch of extra Newman Pin System stuff.    E-mail me with your contact info at greg@mindseyeg.com and we can discuss further,

Happy New Year,

Greg Kitson

Greg.. do you have any of the M3 frame pin adapters. I need 12 sets.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 09:14:03 PM »

Happy New Year,

Greg Kitson

Greg.. do you have any of the M3 frame pin adapters. I need 12 sets.

is this for MHMs? if not i have a bunch of them leftover
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 01:42:33 PM »

is this for MHMs? if not i have a bunch of them leftover

yes but i'm building a system that uses the pin adapters instead of those long mhm pins they make.

the ones i want look like this:

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services