Author Topic: A dumb question. Shop doorbell or ringer?  (Read 4487 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: A dumb question. Shop doorbell or ringer?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2014, 08:53:39 AM »
Most security systems have a door chime feature if you have a security system check, it may just be turned off.

I agree with Bink, Gilligan's system with Greg's light sounds like a winner.

You could always do what we do and require people to be buzzed in, never any surprises, but also probably one of the least welcoming ways to enter a business out there!  :-\
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2014, 09:08:49 AM »
Door chime=what we have

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Wish I had VIDEO monitoring in addition to the beeper....
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2014, 10:21:28 AM »
I've got a wireless chime from Lowes. Works (barely) but I YEARN to be able to actually SEE who has breached the gulf fixed between the mouth-breathing cretans and my harem of highly favored wimmen types who actually RUN this joint.

I, as the main inhabitant of the dungeon in the backshop wish I had INSTANT visuals of the goobers. I am the keeper of....um....*several* Portable Handheld Lead Poisoning Distribution Units....in various calibers...and I am a shameless profiler of all manner of criminal types. If I can't see'um, I never know when to burst forth with my cape and mask.

Can't spend a bunch, but I don't wanna ignore the feeble beeper and find out later I shouldn't have. We are too close to the Federally Funded Felon Factory to just have a chime, since we have lots of retail walk-ins.

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2014, 11:08:02 AM »
We have one of the green outdoor ones we use indoors.
I would like one that "lights up" other than a little red LED.
Can't hear when the power washer is on.
Any one know of one that has a regular size light bulb or such?
Thx

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2014, 12:56:27 PM »
we had our security system guy add 2 buzzers to our system, one in the office and one in the middle of the shop.  Super loud.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Wish I had VIDEO monitoring in addition to the beeper....
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2014, 01:22:51 PM »
I've got a wireless chime from Lowes. Works (barely) but I YEARN to be able to actually SEE who has breached the gulf fixed between the mouth-breathing cretans and my harem of highly favored wimmen types who actually RUN this joint.

I, as the main inhabitant of the dungeon in the backshop wish I had INSTANT visuals of the goobers. I am the keeper of....um....*several* Portable Handheld Lead Poisoning Distribution Units....in various calibers...and I am a shameless profiler of all manner of criminal types. If I can't see'um, I never know when to burst forth with my cape and mask.

Can't spend a bunch, but I don't wanna ignore the feeble beeper and find out later I shouldn't have. We are too close to the Federally Funded Felon Factory to just have a chime, since we have lots of retail walk-ins.

I do security cameras as well (big surprise right?) and I LOVE being able to see who is upfront before I walk out there.  Some clients I just don't want to see, I look in the cameras and see who it is and I walk up or I don't.

This is also super important since we come and go a lot in the shop.  Though we do give the shout out of "It's me!" when one of us walks in usually.  Cameras has saved my lazy arse from getting up a many of times.

Also the 2nd most used reason for the cameras is to figure out where something was put down.  We will go back and see... "Ok, I walked in with it here... went there and oooo yeah, I put it next to the copy machine (or whatever)."

3rd reason is because this douches forget to clock in sometimes and we have to go back and see what time they walked in.

Offline cottonb

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2015, 10:56:31 AM »
a dog and electronic beepers are best. The electric solution us not 100% fail-safe so having your best friend their is a great back-up.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2015, 04:05:56 PM »
I've tried for years to find one of those drive over bells, and still haven't found one!

Well, you just haven't looked hard enough, lol.

Got this on my first search - although I'm not sure how you'd use if for your application.

http://www.miltonsbells.com/
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers