Author Topic: Nylon Cinch sacks..  (Read 2558 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Nylon Cinch sacks..
« on: September 05, 2011, 12:36:56 PM »
I have printed on these before, but only one color artwork..I've got a 4 color coming up this week. I did a search and nothing here and also searched the other board and didn't really find what I was looking for.

So 4 color job...I am thinking using a high mesh screens...230's..

Has anyone done this as wet on wet? Little nervous about the flashing causing shrinkage OR making it a bit tackey to really throw it off...

I'll play around with it but just wondering about everyone's experience with it.

Thanks

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Nylon Cinch sacks..
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 01:40:59 PM »
I don't think it can be done WoW, at least I have not been able to. Problem with flashing is that it melts the bag before it cures the ink so we are not printing anything more than one color. 'would be curious to find out how it's done . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 03:31:07 PM »
 yeah i've only done 1 color....there has got to be a way though.

Wish the color were not touching, then i would do it in steps...but I cant..

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 03:33:42 PM »
i think first i'll try to preheat them..on some thread I think Frog mentioned that..just seems right..

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 03:51:15 PM »
It does a little shrinking to "tighten" them up, but still, with nylon, they can shrink more if they get too hot.
One positive note, your opaque inks will probably cover in one pass.
Good adhesive will also come into play during your flashes
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 05:59:42 PM »
we do them wet on wet with the colors in reverse order, darkest print colors first and then end with the white. no base is needed, just use the right ink. I really like the International coating 900 series, or 9000 - I forget the number exactly, you mix the catalyst with it. . .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 08:29:27 PM »
i use Union inks with the nylobond..

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 01:57:52 PM »
I print a ton of these.  I also use the ICC Nylon inks.  I have tried several times to do multi color prints and have not had any success yet.  Even with pre heating them and keeping the flash time as low as I could I still got shrinkage and the inability to get the next colors to register correctly.  Hopefully you can figure it all out for us!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 02:35:20 PM »
Perhaps, this is good place for transfers.
Either plastisol, or cad color depending on quantities and exactly what the job entails.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 03:03:15 PM »
140 of them...the artwork i made so there is no butt registration. I can lay down the white flash for a sec...(i got a good tip, if it works i'll let you in on it) then lay the other 3 colors on top of the white..if it shrinks a tad I'll be ok, none of the other colors go to the edge...

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 02:10:39 AM »
I have printed 2 color bags with out any problem on a manual. I have printed poly, cotton, nylon and even felt ones. I just did 100 this week. Not sure what the bag was made of. Cheap China ones. They felt like plastic. It really scared me. The guy needed them in the morning. First I got the boards really hot. And made sure I had lots of tack. They printed fine. , black bags, Gold shimmer with a color over print. Only one pass on the under color and top color. I turned the dryer down and spread up the belt. They turned out great. I hate doing bags. I have never burned one or had one shrink. I am sure my next bag job everything bad will happen.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 08:18:10 PM by Screened Gear »

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 08:14:43 PM »
Ok...they came out great. They did shrink, so I won't ever do Butt register. But like i said I put down the white, and I flashed, but I did not leave it under the flash until it dried to the touch, I counted 2 1000 under the flash, pull out for 2 1000 then back in ( ;D ;D ;D) and then out. I felt like this way I pulled it out before too much shrinkage and when it was out cooling off the nylon cooled off quickly while the ink still had some temp, then back under.

Also the trick that was given to me (thank you Sam) was spray your platen with adhesive, laid down a piece of shirt and then sprayed adhesive on that for the bag to stick too. It really held the bag in place where I had printed.

When I get time I took a quick video of what i was talking about.

Thanks